Need help with Backup Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kylehaas, Aug 30, 2009.

Aug 30, 2009
  1. kylehaas
    OP

Member kylehaas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey folks,

I hacked my Wii a long time ago. I haven't done any softmodding or anything, but I have the homebrew channel, bootmii, and dvdX installed by using the Twilight Hack. I've never screwed with the .wads or anything; in fact, my Wii menu is currently version 4.1... I've never had any problems. However, I would love to install the backup loader for gamecube and wii games. Most guides on the internet explain how to do it fully, but I only need to know what to do after these things are installed. Keep in mind that Wii Menu US 4.1 is installed, if that would cause any issues. I don't really understand why or how to revert back to 3.2, like most guides recommend.

Thanks for your help,

Kyle

2. Det1re

Member Det1re det1re.de

Germany
    Just install cMIOS and use an GC Backup Launcher, that's it. No problems with 4.1 or anything.

3. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    Thanks, pal. Could you tell me where I could get this?

4. Retrievil

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    It's here on gbatemp under downloads. Just search for GC Backup Launcher.

The custom mios you need to install is included in the download.

5. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    How do I install these things, and if I do, can the GC Backup Launcher play Wii Games?
    Also, it would truly help if you guys could post links... I can't find crap on this website. [​IMG]

6. kylehaas
    OP

United States
    BUMP

Also, I beleive I am currently running IOS36, although other IOS's were found on my Wii.
    I'm truly lost on installing CIOS's, so please help, PLEASE.

Lastly, I am currently running Bootmii's backup NAND software, which appears to have frozen while backing up.
    Should I restart or wait? It's not showing anything at all. The big patch of gray boxes has not moved or changed at all since I told it to start and no error message is popping up. I have 1.5 gig's left on my SD CARD.

__----EDIT----___
    The backup went fine, varification and all. I have tried installing the latest cIOS, but it will not work. (ERROR -2011)
    Perhaps I need to downgrade to a lower wii menu (3.2 or so?)... I'm going to follow a guide on wehackwii that might help. I could truly use advice from you guys though.

Thanks,

Kyle