Need help with arcade build on laptop without a screen (with second monitor)

juandiego1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am attempting to build a arcade mechine with a used Dell laptop with no screen, no keyboard and no mouse pad, using a monitor, a USB keyboard and a USB mouse, it boots into windows 7without problems, when I attempt to load a Emulation OS such as Lakka, Recalbox and Batocera to boot on my 8GB stick.

Before Lakka booted without any problems but with its shattered screen attached, Recalbox also booted well but when I removed the screen, the laptop gives me 8 beeps that means there aren't any screen connected, when booting windows the beeping stops and runs fine, with Recalbox the beeps also stop but the resolution is too large to be usable and Lakka and Batocera won't boot and don't stop playing the beeping sound.

Currently I have a laptop with only the matherbord connected to a monitor, usb keyboard and mouse..
What would salve my issue would be to get any Emulator OS running well, Recalbox seems to be the most functional but I can't change it's resolution by any means.. Lakka just won't boot and Batocera boots quite quickly but into a black screen, into the constant 8 beeps and it's background music.

I usually use GBAtemp when I run out ideas.. can anybody help me out? Maybe with Recalbox?

juandiego1993

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Depending on the distro, you might be able to change the boot settings.

Something like this:
https://superuser.com/questions/636617/disabling-laptop-monitor-on-boot

I looked up how to disable the screen but my laptop Dell inspiron n4030 doesn't have the chipset menu on the bios screen (version A07 currently the latest) so I started to see if the OS Batocera could be of any use.. it turns out that it had the most customizable menu and I could focus to boot on a selected screen but when I attempted to boot on my monitor, it booted to the screen instead, so I selected to boot on the monitor, power of, disconnected the laptop screen and power on the laptop, to my surprise it worked, Batocera booted to the monitor as wished but (a big but) the 8 beeping sound wouldn't stop playing over the entire sounds and by the looks of it, to fix the 8 beeping sound, you have to connect the screen so I gave up.. I'll have to buy a screen and use that as the display for my arcade build.. I was so close.. I swam an entire ocean just to drown right at the shore..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c