need help with a usb loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thestudent, Sep 5, 2009.

Sep 5, 2009

need help with a usb loader by thestudent at 5:51 PM (1,063 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. thestudent
    OP

Newcomer thestudent Member

United States
    Hey guys i used the softmod guide from here to mod my sons wii and its working great i installed neogamma7 as a channel and i also installed cIOSCORP_v3.3_dmm so he can play from the disk channel . now on to usb loaders i have a drive i formatted with teh wbfs manager and transfered a few iso's to it i need help with a guide and what usb loader is the best i also have installed cIOS38r14 i am reading something about v9 needed for the usb loader . i downloaded and tried USB-Loader_v1 but it says cant something usb system . any help would be greatly apreciated .

2. EtherealX

Member EtherealX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    USB Loader GX is very user friendly. It works and looks great right out of the box, so to speak. r14 of 249 is perfectly fine for most USB Loaders (I use r14 with GX.)

You'll also need to make sure the usb drive is plugged into the right port on the rear of the Wii. It's the one closest to the edge of the Wii's casing (or if its sitting horizontal, its the bottom one.)

Kind of a side note, but if you're going to use USB Loaders instead of discs for backups -- you should search the forums on how to safely remove ciosCorp as it becomes useless (and ugly.)

3. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    How old is your son? If he's really young, especially if he doesn't read yet, Configurable USB Loader would probably be easier for him to use. If he does read, it doesn't make much of a difference in that regard.

cIOS38r14 supposedly has issues with dual layer games (Smash Bros. Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy), but I haven't tried to play either of those through a USB loader so I wouldn't know. But if you want to play either of those games, I'd advise installing Hermes' custom IOS 222/223 as well. Or, you could install cIOS r13, that also works with dual layer games.

4. thestudent
    OP

Newcomer thestudent Member

United States
    thanks for the response's he is 9 so picking them from a list isnt an issue he just isnt the easiest on his disk (leaves them laying around all over ) i used the USB_Loader_Forwarder_Channel.zip talked about here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=148759 its really nice wad that forwards that usb channel to any boot.dol in the apps/usbloader folder makes updating very easy to i also thought it was amazing that i got 3 4 gig iso's to fit on a 4 gig usb stick . i got a terrabyte drive for him but was testing on the memory stick . thanks for the help this is a great site i used wad manager 1.5 to install the forwading channel wad in case anyone else is considering it .