Need help with a ROM issue -

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Sterling, Jun 4, 2010.

Jun 4, 2010
  1. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Not sure if it's my Flash Kit or what (G6 Lite), but on this particular game after I select new and my names. The game never progresses past that point. The funny thing is I was able to get it to work on my M3 DS Real with an GBA expansion pack. I was able to use a emulator save work around for a rom that had a similar problem: 1646 - Dragon Ball Z - Buu's Fury (U). This ROM however does not have a save function. All it does when I use the end game function (when I assume it should save), and close the emulator, and write the save file to my card is not recognizing that I saved and proceeds to do the same thing if I start with just the raw blank save. I decide to check if the emulator will see that it had saved, and it did.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me fix it, or better yet provide me with a working .sav file at the very beginning! Thanks to those that reply and help!

2. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    There are some programs that allow you to convert GBA saves between RAW (pure/true GBA save file format) and NO&GBA/VBA or whatever you could be using to play for.

However, if HAMTARO (U) can save, and you can´t save with your actual flashcard, i´d recommend patching GBA ROM with GBATA, and using GBA Exploader (1.59?) if my memory doesn´t fail, and being SURE about what kind of save the games uses by itself (64KB EEPROM,128KB flash, etc) this way, you´ll be able to succesfully transfer save files between EMUS and REAL GBA , even if it´s flashcart) (of course you own the game legally :3)

3. Sterling
    OP

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Whoo! Got it to work! Used the auto detect feature in VBA. It told me to set to SRAM, and it uses 128KB sav.