ROM Hack Need help with a image format in 3Force Heroes RomHacking

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I located some faces (when you're in multiplayer), and trying to change them, but I can't get my custom faces working.

1451514842-1.jpg
1451514907-2.jpg

Here it is the CTPK if someone can take a look:
http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/9CdBz3uE/file.html

Thanks!

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE FINISH THIS I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER

Also: there aren't that many different formats, right? Why not just try them all and see which works?

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

:rofl2:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also: there aren't that many different formats, right? Why not just try them all and see which works?

Actually I'm sure it's due to the compression and not the format (lz, or other things that I don't know).
The format is PNG, as you can see. But maybe it's also the CTPK Rebuild that has failed. I just did a Drag&Drop of the folder with the custom PNG on ctpktool.exe.

Reactions: HelpTheWretched

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy, sorry to resurrect such an old topic, but I've been trying to make some TFH edits too.

It looks like you used "extract" with ctpktool, because when you use -r to extract the raw images, they're something else. I think they might be ETC1(A4) because the colour compression looks similar, and each 64x64 image is a standard size, 4 KB.

Tri Force Heroes uses ETC1(A4) textures in many the .bch models, but I'm not sure how .bch viewers can tell what the compression is, or how they extract them.

[EDIT]

When ctpktool is extracting the images, the list shows they are .tga files. But they aren't the same as the common "TARGA" .tga format, so maybe it's a different format that Nintendo uses?

[EDIT]

Looking at the .xml files that ctpktool produces, these images have a "format" number of 13 (0xD). I've seen a few scripts that refer to a format like this. smealum's bch2png (Python) indicates that 13 is ETC1(A4).

[EDIT]

Sorry for all the edits. I think this will help!
https://github.com/Cruel/3dstex

Last edited by HelpTheWretched,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.