Need help. WiiKey/Wii-Clip doesn't read update disk

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Beijing, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Beijing
    OP

Newcomer Beijing Newbie

United States
    I got my wiikey in the mail a couple days back, and i was able to install it in the Wii. However, some games won't work while others do. GHA, a GH3 custom, Super mario strikers, and boom blox don't work, while No More Heroes, Trauma Center New Blood, and Final Fantasy Chocobo Tales work. Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Mario Kart Wii, and Boom Blox give me 001 errors, while the others say there was an error in reading the disk and to eject the disc and refer to the wii operations manual. All games that required it were regionfree'd and brickblocked. My wii is a USA wii and is updated to version 3.2. The mod chip i have installed is a solderless wii mod wiikey. A couple of people i asked told me to get my wiikey updated, but my wii doesn't read the update disk. I burned at both 4x and 2.4x using ImgBurn and Verbatim DVD-Rs. The Disc channel read the update as a gamecube game, but then when i tried to load it i got a black screen, and then my Wii reset. So i decided to burn the update again but at 2.4x speed, and now the wii doesnt even read the disc, it just says "An error has occurred. Press the eject button and remove the disc, then turn the wii console off and refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting." I REALLY need help cause i have no idea what the hell i'm doing, and any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I've heard that sometimes people don't get errors that they got when they burned at slower speeds. My suggestion; try burning it at 8x or higher. That's all I can think of :/

3. Beijing
    OP

Newcomer Beijing Newbie

United States
    i tried burning the update at 8x and i still got the error....so yeah, that didnt work. anyone else know what else i can do?

4. CosmoKramer

Member CosmoKramer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hope you get it working bro. I wonder why your WiiKey/Wii-Clip isn't reading Gamecube backup's.

5. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    You'll need to use GCOS to load the update if your wii is on firmware 3 or above.