Hacking Need help! Wii 43e W/O HBC (Wrong region! No Smash stack =/)

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally changed my region to (E) when i was downgrading my firmware a few months ago so i tried to reset it by upgrading the firmware to the latest (At the time i didnt know 4.3 was out) and now im stuck =/ Since my SSBB is (U) I cant use Smash stack. Its been like this for a while and ive been researching the whole time. I cant seem to find anything anywhere that might help. If anyone has any advice please input =0

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
do u have bootmii @ boot2?
Didnt u have to set that up before? Cuz i never really figured that all out. I think i did back something up using bootmii though lol Sorry but im a bit of a noob cuz i dont really have a lot of time to spend on stuff like this

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neotank19 said:
how about a game with an exploit for the region you set like indiana jones.

I don't have any (E) region games =0 There all (U) because that's the original region of my wii until i stupidly change the region when downgrading. I was just wondering if there is any method to either change the region or install the HBC WITHOUT using SSBB or Indian Jones lol. And since its the wrong region i cant even see it on my TV xD Its all messed up lol

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
a PAL copy of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 d's would allow him to reinstall the HBC. But he's from the states, so he's gonna have trouble getting his hands on one of those (probably cost a lot to have one shipped over too).

If the wii still has bootmii @ boot2 installed, it can install the HBC using the hackmii mini installer without requiring one of those games.

If the wii is old enough to install bootmii @ boot2, you can install bootmii @ boot2 using infectus (by emailing [email protected]). If you can't find a PAL copy of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 d's for under $50, you can get it done cheaper by sending it to DeadlyFoez (assuming the wii is old enough to have bootmii @ boot2 installed). I've seen DeadlyFoez take apart a Wii and flash bootmii to the boot2 of a nand using infectus... he did an amazing job and while usually the infectus method is used to fix bricks, it could also be used in place of an exploit for older wii's. I only say that because it seems weird recommending u take apart your Wii to install the HBC... but it may be cheaper to do than getting a PAL copy of those games. Normally i would say its not worth the risk of opening up your wii in order to simply softmod it... but I KNOW DeadlyFoez would be able to get it working successfuly.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
a PAL copy of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 d's would allow him to reinstall the HBC. But he's from the states, so he's gonna have trouble getting his hands on one of those (probably cost a lot to have one shipped over too).

If the wii still has bootmii @ boot2 installed, it can install the HBC using the hackmii mini installer without requiring one of those games.

If the wii is old enough to install bootmii @ boot2, you can install bootmii @ boot2 using infectus (by emailing [email protected]). If you can't find a PAL copy of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 d's for under $50, you can get it done cheaper by sending it to DeadlyFoez (assuming the wii is old enough to have bootmii @ boot2 installed). I've seen DeadlyFoez take apart a Wii and flash bootmii to the boot2 of a nand using infectus... he did an amazing job and while usually the infectus method is used to fix bricks, it could also be used in place of an exploit for older wii's. I only say that because it seems weird recommending u take apart your Wii to install the HBC... but it may be cheaper to do than getting a PAL copy of those games. Normally i would say its not worth the risk of opening up your wii in order to simply softmod it... but I KNOW DeadlyFoez would be able to get it working successfuly.

Hmmm so how would i find out if the wii has had bootmii @ bootmii2 installed? =]

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
download ModMii, and use it to download boot files and build config files in order to boot bootmii. Then copy the "bootmii" folder to your SD card and put it in the Wii and turn it on. If u have bootmii @ boot2, it will launch bootmii right away.

Another easier way to check is to count how many time the disc light flashes when you power on the Wii, I'm pretty sure if it flashes twice it means u have bootmii installed as boot2.

edit: assuming u don't have boomii @ boot2 currently installed, in order to determine if you can use an infectus to manually install bootmii @ boot2, we would need to know how old your Wii is (either purchase date or serial number should be helpful)

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
download ModMii, and use it to download boot files and build config files in order to boot bootmii. Then copy the "bootmii" folder to your SD card and put it in the Wii and turn it on. If u have bootmii @ boot2, it will launch bootmii right away.

Another easier way to check is to count how many time the disc light flashes when you power on the Wii, I'm pretty sure if it flashes twice it means u have bootmii installed as boot2.

edit: assuming u don't have boomii @ boot2 currently installed, in order to determine if you can use an infectus to manually install bootmii @ boot2, we would need to know how old your Wii is (either purchase date or serial number should be helpful)

Ok thank you very much for the advice =D When i get some free time i"ll check all of that out. Although i cant really see it on my Tv lol

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use the mariokartpwns trick to do it, but you need a modchip to boot the burned game.
theres also the disc-swap trick, that requires taking your dvd drive apart or a wode/flatmii.
and as others have said, import a copy of a game with an exploit.

any way you look at it, you have to buy something. and the first 2 choices are possible without buying an import game, but require you either buy a game or obtain it illegally.

VincentBeasley

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
wolven9 said:
burritoboy9984 said:
Do you have any forwarder channels installed?

-Erik

Nope i have no clue what those are lol

Did you install any channels for emulators? Or a usb loader?

-Erik

Nope i didnt =/ I just used the homebrew channel to load all my emulators and such

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if i were u, i would find out how much it is to import a PAL version of lego indiana jones or yu-gi-oh 5 D's. And if it is more than 50 bucks I would send my Wii to [email protected] to fix (assuming u have an old wii with a vulnerable boot 1 or a new wii+nand backup)

u could go with a modchip instead... up to you, but I'm pretty certain that will be the most invasive solution and probably the most expensive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho