Need help w/ R4i 3DS (3DS in green letters)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TimmyLupas, Dec 25, 2011.

Dec 25, 2011
  1. TimmyLupas
    OP

Newcomer TimmyLupas Newbie

United States
    Hey everyone, I'm going to explain step by step how I messed up and I hope someone can help me. I've tried looking all over and now I just want to get this fixed or know if I gotta buy a new card.

I updated my 3DS to Ver. 3.0.0-5u about a week ago and found out my card wasn't working.
    Found out I needed to update the card's firmware before updating the 3DS' own firmware.
    Downloaded V1.42 wood kernel from www.r4ids.cm (correct site, right?) along w/ the V1.43 patch.
    Put the wood files into my sd card and the patch on the root menu.
    Plugged it into an NDSL and booted the patch, I updated just fine, but accidentally started the updating process again. Then I went ahead and just popped it out interrupting the update process.

Now my micro SD USB adapter doesn't get picked up by my laptop when that same SD card I was using during this process is plugged in it, the card doesn't get picked up by my 3DS (it just says "there is nothing inserted in the Game Card slot"), the NDSL won't start when the card is plugged in it.

Some more info I feel I should share, when I use my girlfriend's card it shows up as DORASU in the game card slot on the 3DS' main menu, loads up, and plays fine.

I really screwed it up and feel I broke the card. If there's anything I can to do fix this please let me know. Thanks for reading and helping :)

2. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Just take it easy. You need to borrow a NDSL and another workable flashcard to repairt it.
    In fact, you have used the wrong patch.
    Access http://www.r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.html and download "The 3DS V2.2.0-4 Patch for R4i Gold 3DS is released now! (for R4i gold 3DS card only)(Nov.21th,2011) "
    Please read readme.txt attached carefully and do as the procedures listed in it.

3. TimmyLupas
    OP

Newcomer TimmyLupas Newbie

United States
    Thanks, I was really freaking out to tell you the truth. I'll do this as soon as I can. Thank you very much :) Will this also allow me to play once again play games on my 3ds with the latest udpate?