Need Help using EZ 3 in 1

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kjhovey, Mar 24, 2008.

Mar 24, 2008

Need Help using EZ 3 in 1 by kjhovey at 8:26 PM (1,073 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. kjhovey
    OP

Newcomer kjhovey Member

United States
    Ok, so, I'm having trouble using this with the DS. I downloaded the GBAexploader, and the NDS station. So, I use the NDSstation to convert my GBA Golden Sun to a .nds... but i have no clue where to put that in my SD card, i tried to go to NDS games and tun it, but i got a Error message after trying. So, then i fooled around with it, and i put the Glden Sun GBA rom in the SD card (not the sonverted .nds one) and loaded the exploader, and ran the GBA file of Golden Sun. It worked, however, i couldn't save games... if i did, i wouldn't be able to come back to it after turning it off.

Any help?

2. dragon574444

Member dragon574444 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, first off, I haven't used NDS Station, but it sounds unnecessary. What you need it Rudolph's EXP loader which you already have. Now, you want to play Golden Sun. IIRC, you need to patch that one.

Use This to patch Golden Sun. Download, extract, and Run the app. Hit the ... button. Find where Golden Sun.gba is and select it. Now on the menu, click on the tab called SRAM Patcher. Patch it. The Golden Sun you need will be named output-golden.gba sun or something similar in the same folder the original was.

Now, place output- Golden Sun.gba (rename it if you wish) on your micro SD, or how ever you put roms on your cart. Run the EXPLoader. Flash it to the PSRAM or NOR memory if you want to. Loading it to the PSRAM is faster, but you gotta do that every time you play. Loading it to the NOR will act as a regular GBA cart, you can boot it as one.

Now Golden Sun should play AND should save assuming you patched it.

Note, very few games need to be patched. Many with the new EXPloader are "Drag and Drop" if you will. Pokemon, Golden Sun, and some other games may require it, but it's generally not needed by the majority of ROMs.

If you're confused, ask and I'll try to explain a bit clearer...

3. joshysquashy

Newcomer joshysquashy Member

United Kingdom
    So how does it work with saves if you use PSRAM? How does it get the saves off the card?

4. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The 3-in-1 has 32MB of NOR, 16MB of PSRAM, and at least 256KB of battery backed SRAM (if not more). The SRAM is divided into 2, one for NOR, and the other is for PSRAM. Next time you load ExpLoader it copies the data from the SRAM.