Emulation Need Help Using AR/GS/CB Codes with GBA on M3 DS Real

Geoff Parker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I had previously posted a post asking how to use my save files that I made while playing Pokemon Fire Red on the VBA. Well, good news: I figured it out on my own! All I had to do is start over from scratch, and it turns out I didn't have the most up to date version of the M3 DS Real firmware.

However, I am now running into a new problem. I want to use cheats while playing Pokemon Fire Red, but I don't know how.

The cheats I want to use (to start with, at least; I'm probably going to want to add some cheats as time goes on) are the following:

Master Code
000014D1000A
1003DAE60007

Encounter wild Flygon
83007CEE014E

I downloaded and tried to use GBAATM, but once I patched the game and started playing it on my DS, the game was really really buggy and slow and I wasn't encountering any Flygon, to say the least.

I don't understand, because these codes were working just fine in the Visual Boy Advance cheat system, regardless of whether you imputed them as Game Shark or Code Breaker codes.

Is it even possible to use cheats with Pokemon Fire Red while playing it on M3 DS Real?

Also, I own both a real GBA Action Replay and a DS Action Replay. Could I by chance use these?

Geoff Parker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
download the cht file pack:
http://cheats.gbatemp.net/GBA/

then read the stickys on the M3 section here so you know how to use them:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=91

Lol, look, I'm sorry for coming off as an idiot, but I'm lost.

I don't know what file to download... there are a couple of them. I downloaded the GBA-CHEATS.zip, because that was the closest thing resembling what you described as "the cht file pack", but there are no Pokemon cheats in the folder. Do I add them? And where, exactly, do I put this on my flashcard?

I looked at the stickys on the M3 section, but none of them directly (or indirectly, from what I could tell) addressed my questions.

Again, sorry for comming off as an idiot, but I'm a total newb, and I need some basic, easy to understand, lamens termed help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt