Hacking Need Help.. USB Loader GX running on IOS58 wont play wii based games

SpaceAnimalK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was using usb loader gx to play smash bros melee.. a gamecube game... and just started playing silent hill shattered memories backed up on a HDD drive.. a wii game regularly... everything was working fine then I updated the wii by accident.. usb loader gx wasnt loading the hdd anymore... then I updated usb loader gx and tried again.. it sees the HDD again and I see silent hill shattered memories... but the game wont load when I press start it goes back to the homebrew channel... also when I start loader gx it says some wii based games and channels wont work running on ios58...

can anyone PLEASE help me out here.. ive searched threads and tried a lot of trouble shooting but nothing seems to be helping my situation... most people have trouble getting the games to work at all.. just to be clear, the wii game silent hill shattered memories was was working fine for me before I updated the wii... and now after updating loader gx as well... it initializes the HDD and sees the game again, but wont work... goes back to homebrew screen... also melee works just like it used to if that info helps at all.... if anyone can help I would appreciate it SOOO MUCHH!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.