Android Need help upgrading to better phone(Android)

Katsumi San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have a ZTE Force(recieved as hand me down) and was thinking of upgrading to ZTE Max or Sharp Aquos.

Now let me get down to misc stuff I do or don't do.

To be honest I do not take pictures at all, mostly use the phone for the Twitter and browsing internet. I do not need some powerful phone as I only have flashlight app and no games. I will say that I do a lot of internet browsing. Online shopping mostly. Now the primary reason to the upgrade is due to my hands being too big, and I wanted a 5"+ to fix the crampyness when I type or text.
I could have decided to get some better end phone(Samsung Galaxy Mega I am looking at you) but realized I don't really need some fancy phone with fancy features that I won't ever use.

I really hope the phone experts in here can help me out in making a decision.

P.S. Phone design doesn't matter to me.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh I owned a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. It was such a disaster. Some person stole it from me during a trip in Dominican Republic and I wasn't even mad. I hope they enjoy that god awful phone.

My main issue was that it was TOO big. It wasn't quite a phone and was borderline a tablet. It didnt fit in most of my pockets. There wasnt even a reason why it was so big. The thing is flat as a pancake and the specifications are incredibly weaker than the Samsung Galaxy 3 which was released around the same time.

I recommend going 5 inches, like the main "family" samsung galaxy phones. The mega doesn't get a lot of support (or any spotlight) from Samsung anyway so it's kind of the ugly child.

My guess is that the mega was samsung testing the market to see how big they could make a phone. When the mega didnt sell well, they cut off all support and started the Galaxy Note line as the quintessential "big phone" family.

Erm but I digress. To be fair, I am a girl with small hands. I got a Motorola Moto E after my Galaxy Mega was stolen lol.

If you really want a large android, go with galaxy notes or the galaxy 5.

Abdul Paulo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you didn't mention a price range its kinda hard.
But I'd recommend OnePlus One, if you can get your hands on a invite. It's USD 350 for a 5.5" 64Gb high-end phone.
You don't need a flashlight app as CM11 has one already (just draw a V on your locked screen and the flashlight turns on).
And if you ever decide to game on it, it has a lot of power.
I have mine for a few months and have no complains.

PS: If you're really in Japan make sure to check carrier compatibility. It's not compatible with CDMA networks.

Katsumi San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PS: If you're really in Japan make sure to check carrier compatibility. It's not compatible with CDMA networks.
I am in US at the moment and looks like I will be for a while(The phone from Japan does not work here). Also thank you for useful information. I will make further research about this.

As for the
price, makes no difference, I just don't want to buy something expensive for very simple needs, but thank you.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in US at the moment and looks like I will be for a while(The phone from Japan does not work here). Also thank you for useful information. I will make further research about this.

As the Pluupy said, price makes no difference, I just don't want to buy something expensive for very simple needs, but thank you.
For simple use and high quality a moto G 2014 edition is great to use and is relatively low cost.

Katsumi San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh I owned a Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3. It was such a disaster. Some person stole it from me during a trip in Dominican Republic and I wasn't even mad. I hope they enjoy that god awful phone.

My main issue was that it was TOO big. It wasn't quite a phone and was borderline a tablet. It didnt fit in most of my pockets. There wasnt even a reason why it was so big. The thing is flat as a pancake and the specifications are incredibly weaker than the Samsung Galaxy 3 which was released around the same time.

I recommend going 5 inches, like the main "family" samsung galaxy phones. The mega doesn't get a lot of support (or any spotlight) from Samsung anyway so it's kind of the ugly child.

My guess is that the mega was samsung testing the market to see how big they could make a phone. When the mega didnt sell well, they cut off all support and started the Galaxy Note line as the quintessential "big phone" family.

Erm but I digress. To be fair, I am a girl with small hands. I got a Motorola Moto E after my Galaxy Mega was stolen lol.

If you really want a large android, go with galaxy notes or the galaxy 5.

Wow didn't know it was not so pocket friendly. And yes I saw that it hasn't recieved update support recently. I will continue my search for that 5" android phone.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow didn't know it was not so pocket friendly. And yes I saw that it hasn't recieved update support recently. I will continue my search for that 5" android phone.
Also I have a droid mini its 4.7 inches and is pretty nice with 2gb of ram and is good for simple task and can handle some gaming. Also it isn't very expensive

D

Deleted User

Blackberry Z30 Is rather good plus it has android apps on there but then than that the Samsung S4 is a beast <3 I don't see the point of the S5 at all but S4 <3

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you don't want a One Plus One because of the poor support and amount of D.O.A.'s: The LG G3 is the current flagship model from LG and it's not that much more expensive than the One Plus One.

I bought one half a year ago and I love it.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For research, I really recommend visiting the website "gsmarena.com". It's a really nice website that greatly details the specifications of phones down to the CPU! These people are great and the search function is good at narrowing down phones you're looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.