Need help updating my hacked N3DS from about 6 months ago

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Lectoid, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Lectoid
    OP

Lectoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    So I thought I lost my N3DS, but found it this week. I hacked it like 6 months ago or so.

I've been reading up and trying to make sense of the 3ds.guide site, but not sure where to start.

If I go in to system settings, my version is 10.7.0-32U. I am prompted for an update, but know better to check first. I can't remember how to boot to the sysNAND to see what version that is. I do know I had the right firmware back then to start the process without downgrading.

I have Luma3DS installed, but when I open it, I get "Luma3DS Updater <unknown>". Current installed version is three lines of ASCII code in red, along with the backup version.

When I select "install version 6.6", it seems to, then reboots, and I get the above when I go in to Luma3DS.

I feel like I shouldn't start from the beginning with the 3ds.guide site, but that's why I'm asking the pros here. I never got around to installing anything so if I have to factory wipe it, that is fine. Whatever is easiest.

Thanks!

2. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Can you boot into Hourglass9 by holding start on boot?

3. Lectoid
    OP

Lectoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    When I do that, I get Decrypt9WIP (2016/04/28)

4. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2008
    United States
    Winter Haven
    hold select then press power button. to get to luma settings.

5. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    Are you +ve you still have an emunand?
    It seems you have a9lh installed at least, you could 'update a9lh' if you want - i.e. tab at top of guide page - but ypu should be fine to just update luma [what version shows if you hpld select and boot?] and system update

6. Lectoid
    OP

Lectoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Held select and booted to Luma3DS 6.6.

I'm not sure anymore in regards to emunand or sysnand. I thought I recall you could boot either one holding a button.

7. clancy94

clancy94 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2008
    Luma these days runs on Sysnand not emunand. So if you're running emunand but dont care to keep it (since you have nothing on there anyways). Id just start the guide as normal

8. Lectoid
    OP

Lectoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Also the luma3ds updater says configuration not found, using defaults.

9. Lectoid
    OP

Lectoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Which part of the guide do I follow? Since I'm already running CFW, would it be like inception if I hacked that firmware? LOL.

10. Lectoid
    OP

Lectoid Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2016
    United States
    Bump please.