Hacking Need help updating an Ncard

pdx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have formatted my card using low level formatting, and I have tried to put multiple different firmware versions on it, none of them working. nearly all of them just leave me with a blank white screen. i formatted and didn't install anything, and I get the message "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!"

what am I doing wrong guys?

thanks

pdx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i've managed to get everything onto it (ds linker fw and xmenu 2.55) however when i try to play any game, i select the file in the menu and it goes straight to a blank screen. my other ds works fine with the rom.

does anyone have any tips on what to do?

reinaldo.1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pdx said:
i have formatted my card using low level formatting, and I have tried to put multiple different firmware versions on it, none of them working. nearly all of them just leave me with a blank white screen. i formatted and didn't install anything, and I get the message "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!"

thanks

Dont worry! I know what to do. But first i have to translate my text for your lenguage. excuse some error.
Maybe tomorrow i can put here. Be patient.

reinaldo.1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
pdx said:

thanks

How i sad, here is the solution:

First you have to dowload U-disk 1.45 or above. I used 1.45. Its worked fine.

1. Plug usb writer into your nds and hook it up till an empty usb slot on pc

2. HOLD A,B,L,R + Up on your nds to put the card into flash mode
(Screen will say USB SAFE BLOCK)

3. Windows OS will pick up a fireline device, so the card is ready to be formatted now

4. Extract Contents of downloaded file to a folder on pc. Will make the folder "U disk 1.45" with some files

5. Double click NAND_ALL.BAT will start the firmware flash

6. After a few seconds it will be done, switch off nds and switch back on holding A,B,L,R + DOWN to format the card,

7. Windows will auto recognize the card again as a mass storage device

8. Copy xmenu.dat from extracted folder to the root of your card.

9. Card will create DSYSTEM folder at bootup

10. DONE , Your MK5, Firelinker, Flashpass, N-card or whatever other clone you are using now has dldi with write support

Any question please contact me at "[email protected]" and i will share my experiences. Good Luck!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
N-Card and clones are old as hell and updates haven't been released for it for a year or more....Buy a new flashcart when you get the chance!

The PSRAM battery in mine broke a while back and bought a SuperCard DSone-i....Never looked back. Gave the screwed N-Card to my sister since she isn't worried about losing save games....
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad