Need help Unbricking Switch After Upgrading to Nintendo OS 13.2.0 with SX OS

noobcrewxeric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a Switch with SX OS 3.0.5 and Nintendo OS 10.0.4.

I recently tried to update the OS to 13.2.0 using Choidujournx, as I normally would but after I did that, my switch got bricked. I upgrated to SX 0S 3.1.0 to see if it would fix it, but it did not. By bricked, I am still able to open SX OS firmware, but when I click "boot custom fw" the screen goes black and does nothing.

I now learned after that SX OS is dead now and I do want to make the switch to Atmosphere, but I figure that I need to get it unbricked before I can do that.

Has anyone experienced this? How can I unbrick?

Should I just completely wipe it clean (pre-hacked) and start from there? I was going to resort to that, but at the time I backed it up, I only have the rawnand.bin, but it seems that I need the rawnand.bin.00 and rawnand.bin.01. Essentially, I have found that I was not even able to wipe it clean.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I recently tried to update the OS to 13.2.0 using Choidujournx, as I normally would but after I did that, my switch got bricked. I upgrated to SX 0S 3.1.0 to see if it would fix it, but it did not. By bricked, I am still able to open SX OS firmware, but when I click "boot custom fw" the screen goes black and does nothing.

I now learned after that SX OS is dead now and I do want to make the switch to Atmosphere, but I figure that I need to get it unbricked before I can do that.

Should I just completely wipe it clean (pre-hacked) and start from there? I was going to resort to that, but at the time I backed it up, I only have the rawnand.bin, but it seems that I need the rawnand.bin.00 and rawnand.bin.01. Essentially, I have found that I was not even able to wipe it clean.
Throw Atmosphere on your card so you can boot the switch into it. Then use Daybreak to downgrade to 11.0.0 (last working FW version for SXOS)

edit: link if you don’t already have one.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Your console is not bricked. Its just that sxos doesn't (and probably won't) support the latest fw. Wipe your sd card and start clean with latest atmosphere, that's all you need to do.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just forget about SX OS and setup Atmosphere.

micp_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then from there you can run through my tutorial to set up another emunand for atmo.

I'm going to be doing this myself in a few days. Currently on 10.0.4 with SXOS. I'm just going to nuke SXOS altogether and go with atmosphere. Just checked out your tutorial and it's very useful so thanks for putting it together.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ending to the fallout series was lame could've gave us a bit more