Hacking Need Help Troubleshooting

DC61385

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just purchased my acekard 2i today. I go through the forums (here), check wiki (AKAIO), follow it step by step (formatted card with Panasonic, downloaded the latest AKAIO repack firmware, updated loaders), boot the thing up, great, menu shows up. So I go to load my game only to be greeted by a white screen on the lower screen and the top screen which reads "Unsupported Device".

This is on my 4GB SanDisk microSD HC card. So I do the same on my 2gb Kingston microSD card.

Has anyone else gotten this error and can anyone offer suggestions as to what I need to do? It is getting to the point where I am getting extremely frustrated as I have scoured this forum and so far, close to nothing has been of help.

commdante

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
DC61385 said:
Sorry to sound noob-ish but how would I go about flashing it? (and yes, you're right, I am using a DSi)

Ask around for a friend's DS (lite or"phat), or if you have one yourself -> use that one.
Find and check "help" on which HW/hardware version you have (should be 81 or 44 by hart) and get the right "firmware flash" orso from the website. Put it on and boot your card, then run it (should be around a sec orso).

This should also be possible when your DSi's language is set to english, but not sure.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
your profile flag is a US flag, so i'm assuming your dsi is already set to english? the dsi exploit that allows the cart to boot on the dsi is actually part of a rom sitting in the bootloader. it is a E rom so the dsi thinks your booting an E game, and it requires english to be the language. acekard released a tool to reflash the bootloader with a multi-language rom exploit. you need the hw number of your acekard, as already stated. if you flash the wrong bootloader to the wrong hardware number you will brick the dsi bootloader and kill your card. you can goto the "help" menu in akaio and see the hardware number of your acekard. i don't think you have to be on a dsl/dsp to do this. the hardware number of the acekard has nothing to do with the dsi.

more info:
hw id #81: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153116
hw id #44: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157890

-another world

DC61385

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed your advice, found out that my HWID is 44, downloaded, placed in it, tried to run the file and lo and behold, bottom screen white, top screen "Unsupported device."

*edit* This is the same case on a DS lite as I have tried both systems.

DC61385

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after some research, I have discovered that most likely I have bought a bad card. Either bootleg or just plain bad. Working on returning it to seller and ordering a legit one from the acekard site. Thanks for whoever helped.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
there are no clone acekards. you could have a bad card, but not a fake/clone. you might have overwritten part of the dsi bootloader or there is some other problem. all acekards have a 1yr warranty, getting it replaced is a smart move.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs