1. unknownperson5

OP unknownperson5 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey all. I have an OG release switch hacked and on the latest hekate/atmosphere. I have my NNID account linked on it and have gone online with CFW a few times but only briefly and only with a game or so and the rest have been just to connect a few minutes at a time. I'm fairly certain it hasn't been banned yet since it has always updated the news section when connecting online. All I want out of it is to connect one last time to transfer a few un-modded save files from it to a new nintendo switch I'll be getting soon. I was going to either upload it through nintendo cloud or through the transfer method (most likely); whichever you guys think is a safer bet. I don't mind getting banned on my OG switch as long as I can get the save files through. From my research, it seems nintendo only bans consoles and not accounts when it comes to having a hacked switch. So my questions are:

1. Is it safer to transfer my save through cloud or the transfer save method?

2. Should I be on CFW-SYSNAND or OFW-SYSNAND when doing the transfer?

3. Is there any chance my new switch can be banned using these files?

Thanks so much!

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. Neither one is safe as both involve connecting to Nintendo's servers
    2. Preferably OFW but if you've already gone online with CFW then it doesn't matter as much since Nintendo already knows your console is hacked
    3. If the save files have been tampered with, there is a chance

3. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you use Atmosphere only? If yes, you are safe but... there are more - see below

Do you install any NSP? If yes, it means your Switch is already contaminated so it isn't safe to go online.

If you use Atmosphere and don't install NSP so you should be in OFW to upload the saves or transfer to other Switch.

No, your hacked Switch likely to be banned if contaminated like install NSP or use non-Atmosphere CFW, but your new Switch is safe.

4. unknownperson5

OP unknownperson5 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok thank you so much for the replies guys; this puts my mind at ease. I have installed NSPs, but I have not gone online with them. I've also not tampered with any saves. I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes then report back.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - transferring, switch, Mariko