Hacking Discussion Need help to minimize chance of being banned upon restoring NAND backup

Keigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My situation is a little confusing. I think I can still pull off not being banned, but I think I will need help from people that know how atmosphere works regarding how it can potentially leave traces on my switch that could be detected.

My situation is as follows.

-I made a NAND backup that is on 4.1.0 (no exFAT).

-After that, I connected the switch to the internet to download the exFAT update, so the last time my switch connected to the Nintendo's servers it was 4.1.0 exFAT. I didn't make a new backup after that and my switch never saw the light of the internet again after this.

-On CFW I accidently burned my fuses up to whatever 7.1.0 fuses are. Again, it didn't connect to the internet.

So, the situation is as follows. I want to restore my NAND backup but want to minime my chance of being banned. So I was thinking of doing the following:

1) Bypass fuse check with AutoRCM and Restore 4.1.0 (no exFAT) and then update to 4.1.0 (exFAT) using ChoiDujourNX.

2) Bypass the fuse check to boot into 4.1.0 exFAT, connect to Nintendo servers and then update to the most recent system version.

3) After updating and booting up, I'd like to re-enable the fuse check to burn my fuses up to the most recent system release.

So, my questions are:
Q1) Does HorizonOS logs when an attempt to boot into the system is made with the wrong fuse check? I mean, if I update to 8.1.0 but the fuses count is still at 7.1.0's count would HorizonOS know and log? Or if I boot into 4.1.0 with fuse count 7.1.0 would it be logged somehow? Should I disable AutoRCM right before I connect to the internet to system update my switch to the latest version by using the Nintend's Servers so the my fuses are burned to the latest count as expected at the right time or won't it matter if it is burned later?

Q2) For using ChoiDujourNX I will need to use CFW to access the Homebrew from within 4.1.0, right? As atmosphere is now, if I just use Rekado to boot atmosphere to use Homebrew would any trace be left on my system or atmosphere as it is now doesn't (hopefully) any traces behind unless I do some reeeealy shade stuff from within it?
I mean, if I want to use Homebrew, what steps should I be aware of to not leave traces?

Q3) Anymore tips besides good luck?

Last edited by Keigo,

Keigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Was getting the exFAT driver prior to CFW or it was on CFW?

Prior to CFW, but after my backup, so when I restore my backup I will be back to non-exFAT 4.1.0. I think it will be safer to use ChoiDujourNX to update 4.1.0 to the exFAT version otherwise Nintendo may check that I will be asking tto update AGAIN to the exFAT version .

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prior to CFW, but after my backup, so when I restore my backup I will be back to non-exFAT 4.1.0. I think it will be safer to use ChoiDujourNX to update 4.1.0 to the exFAT version otherwise Nintendo may check that I will be asking tto update AGAIN to the exFAT version .

You probably would get flagged as it doesn't match with what Nintendo has on their server, not 100% sure if they would ban you for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.