Hacking Need help to find out what chip i have.

hamchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So when I bought the Wii the shopkeeper didn't know what chip was in the Wii. I've looked through some suggestions and it looks like the recommended step is to open it up and look at the serial. Unfortunately this isn't possible for me to do (don't ask
tongue.gif
) so i'm wondering if its possible for me to do something like this: Download the Wiikey update, burn to disc, insert in wii and see what happens. Will I end up with a brick if my chip is not a wiikey or will it be something harmless like just not being able to start the disc? I really hope its the latter then I can knock down the chips one by one until I find my one. Just hoping someone knows what will happen, i don't want a brick
frown.gif
Thanks in advance.

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I'm having the same problem, but I think mine's a Cyclowiz since it doesn't run Call of Duty. Should I try Wiikey Update 1.9g? What results should I get if it's a Cyclowiz/Wiikey ?

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I tried the Wiikey Update 1.9g disc but, the Wii doesn't even recognize it. Maybe because it's only 41mb? Shouldn't GameCube ISOs be 1.3GB?

Xandu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Mine recognizes the config disc too. It just doesn't save the settings I don't think. It also recognizes the Wiinja, Cyclowiz ones
blink.gif

hamchan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Really? I'm confused now as to whether i have the right chip. Anyways its not supposed to save the settings on the disk, it saves it on the chip. So the disc will always remain default but the chip has been changed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉