Need help to edit Fire Emblem Awakening(cia) save dump using savedatafiler for max gold

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by nanchan, May 10, 2015.

1. nanchan
    OP

nanchan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2015
    United States
    Can someone kindly provide direction on how to edit FEA (US version) save files that I dump using savedatafiler?

System: old3ds (first generation that was bought when 3ds was first released)
    Sysnand: 4.2.0-9 (downgraded via GW)
    Rednand: Using Palantine CFW (rednand) - SDcard1, also have PBT on SDcard2
    US Browser (taken from 3DSNUS): Updated to 9.2 both sysnand and rednand, but QR injection (arcode) does not work so have to attempt save edit. Browser crash with no value changed in game.
    Region: USA
    DS card: Acecard that works for sysnand.

I know that after dump: chapter0 represent the first save slot, chapter1 represent second save slot, etc

I can easily swap save between different save slot, but I cannot seem to find the location to edit gold. I have tried googling and reading through various forum on serenesforest and gbatemp, but I cannot find the answer. Any help is appreciated. Let me know if additional information is needed. It seems direct search of value (in reverse hex) does not work like it did in DSL.

I am ordering GW from China, so I think it takes a month to arrive.

2. nanchan
    OP

nanchan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2015
    United States
    After many trial and error, I still got no where. I found out if you quit all apps, you can take SD out and put back in without having to redo cfw exploit.

Alternatively, is there anyway to use ram injection (arcode.bin) on firmware 4.x?

3. nanchan
    OP

nanchan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2015
    United States
    Okay, I think I am about to give up and just wait for my GW card. What I do know now is that even after the save is decrypted using SDF, the save is still cipher. It is using some type of algorithm that moves the data around so unless I figure out how to decipher the save, I won't be able to pin point the value I need to change. I narrow it down to an address block where the gold value is stored by comparing different save, but this proves to be too much of a challenge for a novice like myself. It was fun completing the "cheat engine" tutorial, but it did not help figure out this problem.

4. nanchan
    OP

nanchan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2015
    United States
    Got arcode working using PBT to install CIA to system nand and then on the same SD card load rxtool for rxmode emunand. Updated emunand to 9.7 and got arcode ram injection working with my spoofed 9.2 browser.