Homebrew need help T^T , TinyFormat

HolySchmaO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
.thing is , I was browsing my 3ds sdcards files , and i found a folder with CIA tools, I was not the one who cfw my 3ds nor do I have knowledge of whatsoever. So I was looking for a tool for backing up my savegames and I saw on the internet about savedatafiler , in which I saw in the CIA tools folder that is in my sd card, so I installed it , then I saw one cia name tinyformat, not knowing that it would format my 3ds and erasing my games ... my question is , can i restore those games? most importantly the save in my pokemon OR T^T

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
.thing is , I was browsing my 3ds sdcards files , and i found a folder with CIA tools, I was not the one who cfw my 3ds nor do I have knowledge of whatsoever. So I was looking for a tool for backing up my savegames and I saw on the internet about savedatafiler , in which I saw in the CIA tools folder that is in my sd card, so I installed it , then I saw one cia name tinyformat, not knowing that it would format my 3ds and erasing my games ... my question is , can i restore those games? most importantly the save in my pokemon OR T^T
I don't think tinyformat deletes the content on /sdcard/Nintendo 3DS folder after doing a format so you should still be able to salvage your save data (ONLY!) if you have a nand backup of your previous system.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

HolySchmaO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think tinyformat deletes the content on /sdcard/Nintendo 3DS folder after doing a format so you should still be able to salvage your save data (ONLY!) if you have a nand backup of your previous system.

can you please teach me how? the nintendo 3ds folder is here in my sd card , my pokemon save is really important to me :(

HolySchmaO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to assume you don't have a nand backup of your 3DS since you didn't CFW your 3DS meaning your save is done.

.sigh :( ... so what do i do with this Nintendo 3DS folder? should i delete it? coz it has a pretty big size , it eats up half of my 32 gig sd card :/

HolySchmaO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That has all your games installed. If you have a pre format nand you can recover them
.what do you mean by pre format nand? is it the original nand? or the nand that was used in the cfw? also if i could get my hands to that pre format nand, what would be the next step that I should do? :o

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.what do you mean by pre format nand? is it the original nand? or the nand that was used in the cfw? also if i could get my hands to that pre format nand, what would be the next step that I should do? :o
I meant if you have a NAND backup from before formating your 3ds. If you do have one restore it with whatever you made the backup with. That is all you have to do.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant if you have a NAND backup from before formating your 3ds. If you do have one restore it with whatever you made the backup with. That is all you have to do.

HolySchmaO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
.sadly no :( , well just in case , to avoid this problem again, how do i back up my nand? is it okay to back up my nand even though my 3ds is already cfw?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Without precautions it's impossible to recover those files.

I think with xorpads you could decrypt your SD card but its really unlikely you had a backup of those before formatting.

Your only hope is to have kept a backup of your nand (nand.bin, nand_min.bin, etc) that was created before the formatting. And restore it back with Hourglass9. (You can use this to backup a copy of your nand too)

Otherwise you're screwed, it's just videogames, but I know it sucks to lose all that time invested in a game, if it helps, if you are into a challenge you might find playing a romhack for Pokémon more fun that starting all over again over the vanilla game.

By the way, savedatafiler has been outdated for a year or so, JK Save Manager is a much better alternative.

Reactions: HolySchmaO

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Try to find a nand backup on your sd card. The person who CFWed your 3ds might have left one. If it has been CFWed recently it should have the name NAND.bin or NANDmin.bin; if it was CFWed a while back, the nand backup could have the name sysNAND_original.bin

Just find something that has the "nand" and ".bin" in it. Good luck.

Reactions: Quantumcat

HolySchmaO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Without precautions it's impossible to recover those files.

I think with xorpads you could decrypt your SD card but its really unlikely you had a backup of those before formatting.

Your only hope is to have kept a backup of your nand (nand.bin, nand_min.bin, etc) that was created before the formatting. And restore it back with Hourglass9. (You can use this to backup a copy of your nand too)

Otherwise you're screwed, it's just videogames, but I know it sucks to lose all that time invested in a game, if it helps, if you are into a challenge you might find playing a romhack for Pokémon more fun that starting all over again over the vanilla game.

By the way, savedatafiler has been outdated for a year or so, JK Save Manager is a much better alternative.

.I've learned a huge lesson today :( , i think i dont have those backups coz the person who did the cfw process on my unit used my laptop , and i think he deleted the back up nands :/, and as for romhack do you have any suggestions? i've played pokemon glazed version before and it was awesome, but that's the only romhack i've played ,also can you please teach me how to use JK Save Manager please ? all the tuts in youtube are in spanish , I could repeat the same mistakes all over againif i proceed blindly :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try to find a nand backup on your sd card. The person who CFWed your 3ds might have left one. If it has been CFWed recently it should have the name NAND.bin or NANDmin.bin; if it was CFWed a while back, the nand backup could have the name sysNAND_original.bin

Just find something that has the "nand" and ".bin" in it. Good luck.

.none :( , how do I back up my nand?

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
.I've learned a huge lesson today :( , i think i dont have those backups coz the person who did the cfw process on my unit used my laptop , and i think he deleted the back up nands :/, and as for romhack do you have any suggestions? i've played pokemon glazed version before and it was awesome, but that's the only romhack i've played ,also can you please teach me how to use JK Save Manager please ? all the tuts in youtube are in spanish , I could repeat the same mistakes all over againif i proceed blindly :(
Well if you don't wanna screw up I'd suggest don't open applications that you don't know what they do. (Though TinyFormat does tells you it will format by pressing a specific button). JK Save Manager reads a list of your installed titles, then you choose one of your games and you can edither backup and restore either save data or extra data (Some games like Fantasy Life and Monster Hunter Generations use the extra data as save fies). For mass backup and mass restore save data and extdata press the Help button in the bottom screen for a explanation (L to select all, R to select one game, Y to backup them all, X to restore them all I believe).

As for the ROMhacks, If you're playing ORAS, Rutile Ruby and Alpha Sapphire it's an awesome difficulty patch.

.none :( , how do I back up my nand?
That depends on the entrypoint and CFW you're using, if you're on A9LH+Luma3DS then you should have a file called <button>_Hourglass9.bin inside SD:\Luma\payloads, holding the button in the name file when booting up the console should bring Hourglass9 which lets you backup and restore a NAND backup. If you're using anything else then you need to run Hourglass9 through Homebrew Launcher.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest you check inside your sd card again for a nand.bin back up , or any big file that ends with .bin* , look inside files9 folder, or everywhere.

try starting your 3DS while holding "L" on boot and see if you have an emunand ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1