Need Help Swapping Platinum PKM Sprites Into HG/SS

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by nyczxjay, Aug 3, 2010.

1. nyczxjay
    OP

nyczxjay Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Hi, I want to swap some of the pokemon sprites in hg/ss with their sprites from platinum. Can someone please tell me the tools I will need to do this? I remember I used to have a program that opened up the pokemon roms, but I don't remember what it's called anymore. I have no experience with sprite editing but I'm thinking that I can open up both the hg/ss rom and the platinum rom and then just swap the sprite files of specific pokemon. I might be oversimplifying the process, so if I am please tell what I really have to do, or link me to a website that teaches you to basics of swapping sprites in pokemon ds games. Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out and swapped the sprites. Nice to see so many views and no responses. -.-

2. Poryhack

Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

Oct 18, 2009
    United States
    And you've pointed out the reason for that yourself. You figured it out because it's a well documented question. I can't speak for everyone but I start to ignore threads after I've seen the same questions pop up time and time again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice