Hacking Need help subLoader GX crash to wii menu when loading wii game.

Nirim000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so the title is pretty self-explanatory gamecube game work flawlessly thru nintendont, since nintendont for some reason to see the games or save config gx is my best option for gc games, but it refuse to load wii game i try loading gx with CIOS 202 222 223 224 249 250 noting will do.

my config:
menu: 4.3u
ios202: hermes CIOS v5.1 base 60
ios222: hermes CIOS v5.1 base 38
ios223: hermes CIOS v5.1 base 37
ios224: hermes CIOS v5.1 base 57
ios249: d2x CIOS v10 beta52 base 56
ios250: d2x CIOS v10 beta53-alt base 57
usbLoader GX: v3.0 rev1268
Please help.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
slot249 is the best based on your current setup. (v10 r52 base56)
do not use r53

I can't help more as I don't have enough information about your problem or setup.

Nirim000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, already try it, i'am beginning to think there maybe a problem with that particular revision of gx, i will post a update if i find a solution just so people know, in the mean time i will try your recommendation in cfg loader to see if it make a difference with my awfully long loading time.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, already try it, i'am beginning to think there maybe a problem with that particular revision of gx, i will post a update if i find a solution just so people know, in the mean time i will try your recommendation in cfg loader to see if it make a difference with my awfully long loading time.

Cyan didn't mention CFG USB Loader at all, and the only Nintendont-related bug in USB Loader GX r1268 is in relation to the Classic Controller/Wii remote rumble feature.

So Nintendont works?
Can the Homebrew channel see things in the /apps/ folder if you put something on your HDD?
What kind of drive is it and how did you partition/format it? If you formatted it as exFAT then nothing will be able to read it except Nintendont.

Nirim000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan didn't mention CFG USB Loader at all, and the only Nintendont-related bug in USB Loader GX r1268 is in relation to the Classic Controller/Wii remote rumble feature.

So Nintendont works?
Can the Homebrew channel see things in the /apps/ folder if you put something on your HDD?
What kind of drive is it and how did you partition/format it? If you formatted it as exFAT then nothing will be able to read it except Nintendont.

No problem a all using nintendont thru gx but nintendont dont see my game by itself or save its setting, my gamecube games are on my smaller 8g usb key formatted in fat32 32kb cluster size.

hbc work fine.

I use cfg loader for wii games for the time being with d2x CIOS v10 beta53-alt base in slot 250, the loading were much better i update ti d2x CIOS so as Cyan advice my i will try rev 52 in slot 249.

but i will like to use gx for all my backup but it crash to wii menu each time i try to load specifically a wii game, they are 32g usb key formatted in ntfs cluster size of 4kb, stored in wbfs folder in wbfs format.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
flash drives are a problem, why everyone don't read other people's thread with the same problem ?
Flash drives are not working correctly on Wii and WiiU. if you want to make proper test to make the game work, at least try everything on a known compatible setup (HDD).

if HDD has the same issue, then we can start find the cause and fix it.
but as long as you use a randomly broken device, that would be hard to know if the problem is your device or your setup.

Nirim000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i will try when i go home but cfg work flawlessly on the same usb key and gc games in gx work flawlessly on my other usb key.

Nirim000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for taking so long,
it just crash to wii menu with my hdd.
Edit: also crash from a fat32 partition but my gamecube load find from the same partition.

Last edited by Nirim000,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.