Need help sofmoding wii 3.4u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bmind, Jan 13, 2010.

1. bmind
    OP

bmind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    A few days ago I installed Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii (could not as boot2). I got all files (through another site) to install wad's to update to version 4.2. Could only install up to a certain file and then would get the error corrupted files. Stopped there...did not uninstall what I installed.

Today found this site and followed instructions on how to softmod it. Since I had installed the above I started the process by trying to update to 4.2 version. Installed all wad's except for 12 and 13 as could not scroll to them (tried all I know). Went back to homebrew channel, took out sd card and erased all wads and only installed 12 and 13. Restarted wii and checked version - says 4.2
    Loaded SD card with modify folder in it and as soon as I go to channels/sd card wii freezes and boot.elf does not start...tried 2 different SD cards and they both have the same problem...What should I do next? Any suggestions? Wii functions just fine as it is with Homebrew channel and everything...
    Thanks

2. damysteryman

damysteryman I am too busy IRL these days...

Oct 4, 2007
    Bannerbomb v1 won't work with 4.2.

Just use the Homebrew Channel instead.

Put the boot.elf in sd:\apps\

3. bmind
    OP

bmind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    Did it and it worked fine. The only thing is that it did not install bootmii as boot2 only as IOS. When I lunch bootmii from HBC - remote no longer works...I can not select anything...Light is off on my remote...is any other way to control this?

4. bmind
    OP

bmind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    figured it out...was on the wii itself not the remote..

5. bmind
    OP

bmind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    some help with wbfs manager. It does not recognize my c drive as it is partitioned ntfs. I have ISO files on C but wbfs manager can not read...can I manually partition part of C to wbfs format so I can place my games there? anyone?
    Thanks,

6. longtom1

longtom1 Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen

Jan 12, 2009
    Honey Oils inc.
  7. bmind
    OP

bmind Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    got it...thanks a lot...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice