Homebrew Need help running Luma payloads

Shakezillathf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I recently installed Luma onto my O3DS using the 3ds.guide tutorial. I followed the guide and then updated my system to the latest firmware (11.2.0). I just got a N3DS XL and plan to use the guide + My O3DS to install CFW on it as well. In the first few steps I need to back-up my sysNAND, but I can't boot Hourglass9 by holding start or boot Decrypt9 from the homebrew menu. If I remember correctly I haven't been able to boot payloads using the buttons since I updated. I'm new to the 3DS modding scene but know some of the basics. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the payloads folder on your sd card and make sure that you put bin files in there.
Edit::ninja:

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes they are in the payloads folder named start_Hourglass9.bin and right_Dec9.bin.
Oh, you're supposed to press start as the system is booting - not from the homebrew menu :P

I misread your post initially.

Shakezillathf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is really strange. Make sure there are no typos in payloads and luma folder's names.

Everything seems to be named correctly. Folder is H:\luma\payloads and contains down_arm9loaderhax.bin, start_Hourglass9.bin, right_Dec9.bin, and up_GodMode9.bin.

Maybe try updating luma itself as well.

I've tried both the stable and hourly versions.

Also when I try to run Decrypt9 or Godmode9 from the homebrew menu the screen flickers red and will go back to the homebrew menu.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to be named correctly. Folder is H:\luma\payloads and contains down_arm9loaderhax.bin, start_Hourglass9.bin, right_Dec9.bin, and up_GodMode9.bin.

Also when I try to run Decrypt9 or Godmode9 from the homebrew menu the screen flickers red and will go back to the homebrew menu.
There's no need for the down_arm9loaderhax.bin file. I don't know who told you to put that there but it's not needed at all.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is really strange. Have you set up CTRNAND yet? Maybe it doesn't detect the SD card and booting from NAND?

Reactions: x65943

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure, I don't recall anything about that. That may be what I'm missing. What is a CTRNAND?
He's referring to actually using fbi to put a copy of the arm9loaderhax.bin on your ctrnand. It's outlined in the newest rendition of the 3ds.guide

Shakezillathf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's referring to actually using fbi to put a copy of the arm9loaderhax.bin on your ctrnand. It's outlined in the newest rendition of the 3ds.guide
An arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the NAND. If arm9loaderhax doesn't detect an SD card, it will use that instead as a backup.

Ah, yes. I've done that. Although, I'm not sure if it was after updating Luma or when I followed the part at the end of the guide about updating A9LH. But I just noticed the arm9loaderhax.bin on my SD root is larger than the one in my CTRNAND. Should I overwrite the CTR one?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, yes. I've done that. Although, I'm not sure if it was after updating Luma or when I followed the part at the end of the guide about updating A9LH. But I just noticed the arm9loaderhax.bin on my SD root is larger than the one in my CTRNAND. Should I overwrite the CTR one?
Go ahead, if you're sure that the one on your sd is more up to date.

Somebody Whoisbored

it's all okeydokey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could if you wanted to. Keeping it updated is never a bad thing.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, I remember that. if ur on version 4 of arm9loaderhax (sd card less), it will read off the sd card first. that's y it suggests u remove it before continuing with the tutorial in order to
elicit the configuration menu for version 4 in ctrNAND

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol