Hardware Need help putting Wii game into USB Flash Drive.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I downloaded a game which is Mario Kart Wii from the computer. The torrent/game was like 4.59 Gb... My flash drive is only like 2Gb... Right now the game is a ISO. Is there anything I can do to make the game lower in memory? Anyways I don't think I can just put the ISO into the USB Flash drive and then put it in WIi run USB Loader and play the ISO. I think that I have to patch the file to make it from a ISO to a different kind of file.... But If I do use the ISO is there a thing to make it lower like a CSO for Psp?

discgolf9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have a good download and you know how to burn .iso's to dvd...

Burn the game to DVD, test it, format your pen drive using USB Loader, then copy the game to the pen drive using USB Loader. It scrubs the game for you and should fit on your 2 GB drive (IDK the actual size of the game in question)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how much you think the Mario Kart will be then the space of it like how much Gb? And I don't have any empty DVD's and don't have a DVD burner...

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to take the ISO and put it in a DVD? I heard that you can convert the ISO to make it smaller so it will be like 2gb less and then just put the game into the USB Flash Drive and then run the game threw USB loader and thats it. Do I have to accoully burn the game into a DVD then scrub some stuff from the DVD with the USB loader to make it less Gb then take the game from the Disk and put it in my Flash Drive?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for Double Post guys.... But I just read somewere well in the Tutorial to using USB loader v1.1 that thread. And I figured that I accoully need the game disk and then put it in my Wii and then run the USB loader and take the game from the Disk I have in my Wii and burn it into my USB flash drive... Does that mean that I can't just download the game on my computer and put it straight into my flash drive. And if I could put it straight from my computer is there a thing to trim the game to make it less space?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you download it its gonna be 4.37gb
If you have the original game its gonna be 4.37gb

Using the usb loader scrubbs the game for you as it adds it to your usb device.Also if you do it on the computer and add the iso to your usb device it also scrubbs it for you.

Either way you go the file will be the same size which is 2.59gb

I just double checked because i have it on my external hard drive.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How will it be smaller if I put the game threw my Computer straight into the USB drive. Like put the USB flash Drive into the computer and then just drag the game into the USB flash drive that won't make it lower.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It won't work that way. The usb loader uses a different file system, so you need one of the tools that'll format the usb drive to wbfs (which Windows doesn't understand, just an fyi). Then you can use the same tool to copy the iso file to your usb drive.

Save yourself the headache and get one of the bigger usb keys on the compatibility list that work. Also, do some reading and you'll find all the help you need

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1