Need help putting CFW onto my 9.2 N3DS!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Voxel, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Voxel
    OP

Voxel Fable Junkie

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    Hi,

I'm starting over again on my N3DS since I've downgraded it from 10.3 to 9.2, and I need pointing in the right direction to a guide to install CFW onto it.

I hear CakesFW is a good CFW for the N3DS, but when I tried to open it from Ninjhax 1.1b, it just booted me back into the HBL.
    Same with RxTools (which I know isn't supported, but need it for xorpads/decryption).

I've been searching and searching for solutions (for about 15 minutes now) but I can't find any fixes.

So yeah, if people could point me in the right directions, that'd be great. :)

2. Misledz

Misledz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2015
    Im stuck in the same thing lol. I cant get Ninjhax 2 to work on it either.

Voxel likes this.
  3. thatbooisaspy

thatbooisaspy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    Isn't browserhax working under 9.2? I believe the browser check was added in 9.6+ but correct me if i'm working. There's many more entrypoints than ninjhax.

4. Sgt. Lulz

Sgt. Lulz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2010
    As has been pointed out numerous times after the initial rush hour panic:
    It looks as if your console has been downgraded to 9.2.0-20, BUT your NATIVE_FIRM is still stuck on the 10.2 version (The latest version as of 10.3), which is why none of the CFW solutions (Gateway Launcher, emuNAND9, rxTools, Cakes) work yet.
    You can't just Version-Spoof the NATIVE_FIRM .cia either, as I foolishly managed to forget:

Last edited by Sgt. Lulz, Jan 3, 2016
    Ammako likes this.
  5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Wait, downgrading has been released? Link??