Hardware Need help . Purchasing a Nintendo Switch unpatched with firmware :12.0.2

Samanoske

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dear all,

Hope you guys can help me out , as I'm new in the Switch hacking scene.

I'm able to purchase a Nintendo Switch unpatched console (2017) for a reasonable price.
The gentleman sent me the serial number and according to the source ,the console is not pached.

The seller informed me that it's current firmware is: 12.0.2

Will it be ok for me purcahse this switch and hack it and set it up with mods, or won't this be possible since this firmware is also Nintendo's latest firmware update.

Kinldy waiting for y'all feedback

Many thanks in advance.

With Kind Regards,

Samo

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it'll work no problem, an unpatched switch can be modded on any firmware as the hack is a hardware oversight and not a software one

Atmosphere with patches would be your best bet

Samanoske

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, it'll work no problem, an unpatched switch can be modded on any firmware as the hack is a hardware oversight and not a software one

Atmosphere with patches would be your best bet
Hi Yusuo ,

Thanks for the quick feedback, much appreciated. I was wondering if there's a way for me to double check if the seller is indeed selling an unpacted switch . The serial number he provided me with shows this as unpatched switch, but I have also heard of the term shell swap and want to make sure I'm buying a legit unpatched console. Is ther way to make sure of this ?

Thanks in advance

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Yusuo ,

Thanks for the quick feedback, much appreciated. I was wondering if there's a way for me to double check if the seller is indeed selling an unpacted switch . The serial number he provided me with shows this as unpatched switch, but I have also heard of the term shell swap and want to make sure I'm buying a legit unpatched console. Is ther way to make sure of this ?

Thanks in advance
If you're meeting the guy you can put the payload on your phone and try it there and then, it's called rekado and can be found easily

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Yusuo ,

Thanks in advance

I would just check the serial number within the setting to see if it matches the serial number on the switch case then compared to https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ . taking out a rcm loader or phone and a jig to load stuff in front of a seller is kind of sketchy (unless you told them you need it to mod but they would raise the price if the seller knows about it).

Reactions: Hayato213

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like the others have said just check the SN. But the #1 thing is make sure if the switch isn't banned because if it is banned you can no longer go online. You would need to make an emmunand so you can enjoy CFW and OFW at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho @AncientBoi's favorite