NEED HELP - PS Vita not able to "update" so I can login to my PSN

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by BillyBibbit, Apr 19, 2019.

1. BillyBibbit
    OP

BillyBibbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hello all, I am new to this site and PS Vita in general. I just bought second hand Vita with everything installed on it (like hacks and stuff) but I decide to restore system because I wanted to play with my own (Ps4) PSN and generally have a new console filling, cause it is a new one without any scratch from Japan, the seller just used it for like two weeks.

I restored system and deleted everything from SD2VITA. Then I tried to follow the guide from Tech James about installing H-encore & Vita Shell and when I got to the part where I should be able to join my PSN with just clicking on Update System Software (did the thing with wifi settings) this happen:

IMG_4617.JPG IMG_4616.JPG IMG_4618.JPG

I am already on 3.68.

It just sits on the empty screen forever.
    Please if anyone know how to fix this I'll be grateful.

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Should never follow youtube video as tutorial, you should follow the link below and downgrade to 3.65 via modoru.

https://vita.hacks.guide/

3. BillyBibbit
    OP

BillyBibbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thank you for answering. Will I be able to upgrade again cause I heard there are some games that will not work on 3.65 or 4 etc?

4. Plstic

Plstic Guru Meditation Error

Apr 21, 2010
    United States
    Milwaukee WI
    just use ref00d

5. BillyBibbit
    OP

BillyBibbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    Do I need to connect to PSN account in order to hack it because I still can not do that, it always redirect me to the second picture (those three update options) even after I put those DNS settings? Can I just install H-Encore without having to login to PSN, and maybe later, after installing it, I can login?

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you should be able to sign in to psn by spoofing 3.70. that's henkaku settings. as far as using qcma, I know I was never able to make a connection without a psn account. the folder is registered in the system.dreg. it may show as all 0s without one. it's blank on the ps3 with no psn account.

7. BillyBibbit
    OP

BillyBibbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    So I manage to do something and this is what I got now, does is look alright? Also after H-encore and VitaShell, what else do I need?

IMG_4620.JPG IMG_4619.JPG

8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    afaik, the spoof should still work. I think it's spoofing in memory rather than a hard patch, which is probably why it shows different information. are you not able to sign in?

9. BillyBibbit
    OP

BillyBibbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 19, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    No no, I am able to, I think I did it, hack it I mean. So now if I put some games trough VitaShell I should be able to play them and stuff?

Thank you for answering.

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    you'll need to refresh the live area after putting the games on there.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted