Hacking Need help playing PS1 games on 3.18 Vita.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I started following the pinned guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/

I did "Mail Exploit Setup" successfully and then tried "TN-V and VHBL Setup". I did step 1 and 2a. Except for 2b, I don't have a savedata folder. The folder C:\Users\(my user name)\PS Vita is empty.

If anyone can help me through the whole process and get PS1 games working on my Vita, I'll send you $20AUD through PayPal. I did try a year ago, and asked around here for help but nobody would help me (very different to the 3DS community...). I struggled for a week or two but eventually gave up. I don't want my Vita gathering dust for another year.

Thanks if anyone can help.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I started following the pinned guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...a-pstv-hacking-guide-check-here-first.403035/

I did "Mail Exploit Setup" successfully and then tried "TN-V and VHBL Setup". I did step 1 and 2a. Except for 2b, I don't have a savedata folder. The folder C:\Users\(my user name)\PS Vita is empty.

If anyone can help me through the whole process and get PS1 games working on my Vita, I'll send you $20AUD through PayPal. I did try a year ago, and asked around here for help but nobody would help me (very different to the 3DS community...). I struggled for a week or two but eventually gave up. I don't want my Vita gathering dust for another year.

Thanks if anyone can help.
Well, the folder is where your CMA program creates it. Maybe open qCMA/openCMA and set it to a different folder?
On qCMA, you right click the taskbar icon > settings > Applications/Backups folder. Mine is set to C:\Users\[myusername]\Documents\PS Vita. Maybe you should try connecting to your PC first?

Last edited by guisadop,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well, the folder is where your CMA program creates it. Maybe open qCMA/openCMA and set it to a different folder?
On qCMA, you right click the taskbar icon > settings > Applications/Backups folder. Mine is set to C:\Users\[myusername]\Documents\PS Vita. Maybe you should try connecting to your PC first?
Yep my Applications/Backups path is C:\Users\<username>\PS Vita. I did get my Vita connected (after a lot if trial and error with USB hubs and uninstalling/reinstalling drivers) - I get a little bubble saying "Connected to user300 (PS Vita)"
I thought I would try backing something up in case that would create the folder - when I go to Content Manager -> Copy Content it asks me to update. (And it disconnects then reconnects to the PC if that means anything).
I did try Googling but it just suggests I put the Vita in airplane mode and restart it which I did, and I also tried turning wifi off on my computer and restarting as well as restarting the Vita.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep my Applications/Backups path is C:\Users\<username>\PS Vita. I did get my Vita connected (after a lot if trial and error with USB hubs and uninstalling/reinstalling drivers) - I get a little bubble saying "Connected to user300 (PS Vita)"
I thought I would try backing something up in case that would create the folder - when I go to Content Manager -> Copy Content it asks me to update. (And it disconnects then reconnects to the PC if that means anything).
I did try Googling but it just suggests I put the Vita in airplane mode and restart it which I did, and I also tried turning wifi off on my computer and restarting as well as restarting the Vita.
Did you turn Offline mode ON on qCMA?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Did you turn Offline mode ON on qCMA?
Yes :-( (when I read that I got excited since it sounded like it would fix it! But it was already on)

Does it mean anything that things were sort of working when I was on 2 point something (I think I had TN-V in FieldRunners) but after updating to 3.18 it stopped working (ie couldn't connect anymore)?

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes :-( (when I read that I got excited since it sounded like it would fix it! But it was already on)

Does it mean anything that things were sort of working when I was on 2 point something (I think I had TN-V in FieldRunners) but after updating to 3.18 it stopped working (ie couldn't connect anymore)?
Maybe your qCMA is using the wrong version protocol, or is dated? Try downloading a new version. I believe every system version has its own specific qCMA version.

When you go to the settings tab, there is an option "CMA Protocol version".

Last edited by guisadop,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe your qCMA is using the wrong version protocol, or is dated? Try downloading a new version. I believe every system version has its own specific qCMA version.

When you go to the settings tab, there is an option "CMA Protocol version".
The CMA protocol selection is Manual, CMA protocol version is FW 3.10 - 1800010, and CMA custom version is 1900010 (greyed out). The version is 0.3.12. Are any of these things wrong?

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The CMA protocol selection is Manual, CMA protocol version is FW 3.10 - 1800010, and CMA custom version is 1900010 (greyed out). The version is 0.3.12. Are any of these things wrong?
I believe those are all correct, yes. Unfortunately I don't know what else you could do except reinstall qcma and try again. I'm sorry

Edit: just remembered that if you're trying to connect via WiFi you're going to need vitaupdateblocker set up on your pc

Last edited by guisadop,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod