Hacking Need help picking a cheap HDD Enclosure to work with USB Loader.

TehLexinator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I need your suggestions for a cheap 3.5 USB HDD enclosure that works with the Wii.
I have a few 500GB SATA hard drives and don't want them to go to waste.

Thank's ahead of time!

CHUNKYBOWSER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this in the mail tomorrow:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetai...odlist=celebros

I will tell you if it works.
smile.gif

TehLexinator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. I will look into both of those, although right now the hot swap one is lookin mightaaay seexy.

Chunky, so that hot swappable enclosure works? Are you kidding me? I can use all 3 of my hard drives without the need to unscrew anything?

Man. Can you please play around with it some more and tell me what else you think of it? I really, really, really like hot swapping things. Do you need to do anything special to swap for another HD? What Hard drives are you using?

Sorry for the influx of questions, I am just super excited.

Oh, does the HD get hot? Can you pause the game, leave it for a bit and come back to it?

Thanks again!

CHUNKYBOWSER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehLexinator said:
Thanks guys. I will look into both of those, although right now the hot swap one is lookin mightaaay seexy.

Chunky, so that hot swappable enclosure works? Are you kidding me? I can use all 3 of my hard drives without the need to unscrew anything?

Man. Can you please play around with it some more and tell me what else you think of it? I really, really, really like hot swapping things. Do you need to do anything special to swap for another HD? What Hard drives are you using?

Oh, does the HD get hot? Can you pause the game, leave it for a bit and come back to it?

Thanks again!
It's working for me so far, all you do is stick the SATA Hard drive in and it'll work pretty good. I'm using a Seagate Barracuda 250GB Hard Drive and a Samsung 40GB Hard Drive that came in my PS3. xD It has a power switch on it, so make sure you turn it off before you take a HDD out or put one in. The HDD will wobble a bit, so don't move it or touch it too much while it's in. The HDD does get hot, but I'll try a long gaming session tonight and tell you how it works. (I'm backing up my version of SSBB right now and it's pretty darn hot, but that's been moving data for about 20 minutes, nothing you'll see in a game.) The only other thing I can say is that it's a lot bigger than I expected. xD Otherwise it's epic. :U

If you have AIM/MSN you can PM it to me and we can talk there some more.

TehLexinator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
TehLexinator said:

Thanks again!
It's working for me so far, all you do is stick the SATA Hard drive in and it'll work pretty good. I'm using a Seagate Barracuda 250GB Hard Drive and a Samsung 40GB Hard Drive that came in my PS3. xD It has a power switch on it, so make sure you turn it off before you take a HDD out or put one in. The HDD will wobble a bit, so don't move it or touch it too much while it's in. The HDD does get hot, but I'll try a long gaming session tonight and tell you how it works. (I'm backing up my version of SSBB right now and it's pretty darn hot, but that's been moving data for about 20 minutes, nothing you'll see in a game.) The only other thing I can say is that it's a lot bigger than I expected. xD Otherwise it's epic. :U

You rule! I bought a BlacX for that same reason but it does not work with my Wii. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817153071

Glad to see that this does. I just made the plunge and bought it, I mean hell for $26, why not? It's cheaper than my BlacX, which I will be returning lol.

Awesome awesome awesome. Can't wait!

Thanks a lot.

I don't actually have AIM/MSN. I use Xfire for all chatting. If you could toss me some more updates, that'd be great. I have to wait a while because I picked the free shipping option.

CHUNKYBOWSER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehLexinator said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
TehLexinator said:

Thanks again!

You rule! I bought a BlacX for that same reason but it does not work with my Wii. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817153071

Glad to see that this does. I just made the plunge and bought it, I mean hell for $26, why not? It's cheaper than my BlacX, which I will be returning lol.

Thanks a lot.

I don't actually have AIM/MSN. I use Xfire for all chatting. If you could toss me some more updates, that'd be great. I have to wait a while because I picked the free shipping option.
I sent you a friend request on Xfire, assuming you have the same name there as you do here.
tongue.gif

TehLexinator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
TehLexinator said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
TehLexinator said:

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot.

I sent you a friend request on Xfire, assuming you have the same name there as you do here.
tongue.gif

You hacker you! How did you guess?

Accepted as a friend. I had to work late yesterday, so it was just a quick add.

How is the bad boy performing?

CHUNKYBOWSER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehLexinator said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
TehLexinator said:
CHUNKYBOWSER said:
TehLexinator said:

Thanks again!

Thanks a lot.

tongue.gif

You hacker you! How did you guess?

Accepted as a friend. I had to work late yesterday, so it was just a quick add.

How is the bad boy performing?
Good, I backed up my whole Wii game collection to it. Get on Xfire whenever you can.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol