Hacking Need Help - Our own ROMS don't work!!!

astronautjones

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I work for a developer who is creating a DS game, and we can't get our own roms, created using actual
Nintendo hardware (I assume they'd fit under the "clean ROMS" category) to work on the M3 Simply!

The .srl worked on the DSXtreme we also own, when we just renamed the .srl to .nds. They also work on Nintendo
carts, obviously, as we use the blue box to put them on.

However, when we try them on the Simply, using v 1.01 (or v 1.02) and a 2GB SanDisk transflash (or even a 1GB), all we get
is a white screen. We've also tested other ROMS (dirty ones, I think) and they work fine.

Why do we care? We've found that it's cheaper and easier to use 3rd party solutions than the Nintendo solutions before
we get into actual QA. Do you have any suggestions on what we can do to make them work?

Please, please help! We have received no response from M3

Thanks,

Astronaut Jones

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
#2, #3 and #4, that's really helpful ... not.
This doesn't have ANYTHING to do with homebrew or DLDI.
It just means Nintendo updated their devkit, and as none of the games out already are based on it, M3 won't be able to patch it properly. It works on DS-X because of different patching routines, but that's about it. Maybe you should just wait for M3/R4 update (but that could take a while) or simply buy another adapter (but chances are it wouldn't work on it either).
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb