Hacking Need Help On What To Code

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly new here and I was wondering got any ideas for wii homebrew or hacks that I could Help With I'm at a lost here

loco365

Trophies
XP
It'd be cool to see a nice .SPC player. I'm only starting to learn coding so doing such a thing myself is something I'll have to wait until next year to do.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You talkin' about coding your own homebrew, or hacking your Wii. If the former, just research what's been made and code what you want. If the latter, check the stickies hanging around.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, do you know anything about programming?
Do you have some graphic designer skills?
Are you good at writing tutorials or fixing peoples issues?
Are you willing to spend time to learn things, or are you just looking for something to fill in 1 hour of spare time?

I hope you don't mind these questions. It's like someone solicitating without telling for what job.

Reactions: 1 person

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means he wants ideas for hacks to create? (atleast that is how I read it)

How about porting Project 64, or a DS emu to the wii :P

PJ64 is closed-source; besides an earlier leaked build, but that's pretty much garbage.. The owner won't give up the source to PJ64.. Besides, it's hardly an emulator, it's just a bunch of per-game hacks.

Also, DS emulation would be horrible on the Wii, how would you suggest accurate dual screens? I highly doubt someone's going to take the time to calibrate the use of the wiimote to such accuracy.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he means he wants ideas for hacks to create? (atleast that is how I read it)

PJ64 is closed-source; besides an earlier leaked build, but that's pretty much garbage.. The owner won't give up the source to PJ64.. Besides, it's hardly an emulator, it's just a bunch of per-game hacks.

Also, DS emulation would be horrible on the Wii, how would you suggest accurate dual screens? I highly doubt someone's going to take the time to calibrate the use of the wiimote to such accuracy.
Is PJ64 even being worked on anymore? I haven't seen ANY new development for years, save for maybe a couple 1.7 betas that got updated. Other than that, AFAIK progress has pretty much stopped (and you STILL have to "donate" for the 1.7 beta).

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I give you the point on PJ64, perhaps a mupen or 1964 or even daedauls would work better(?), but (as @shano56 pointer out) DSemuMeWii was actually pretty good with multiple screen layouts at the press of a button (for side view games or even hiding the top screen for games that don't really need it) and wii remote as the pointer.

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, do you know anything about programming?
Do you have some graphic designer skills?
Are you good at writing tutorials or fixing peoples issues?
Are you willing to spend time to learn things, or are you just looking for something to fill in 1 hour of spare time?

I hope you don't mind these questions. It's like someone solicitating without telling for what job.

No I don't mind and I'll be glad to answer your job interview est questions. Now in order
1 Yes C# Learning C++ As A Pastime
2 Yes Basic C# GUI Editing Advance Maya And Mudbox
3 Kindof never really had to write one before on the sense of this is my first open project NOT using someone else's tools and yes I can answer questions if any shall arrive
4 Both In the sense of at one point I Want to Learn about the Wii DS And PSP but i also want something to do

P.S If You Say Something about my spelling I'm going to get mad that is all

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You talkin' about coding your own homebrew, or hacking your Wii. If the former, just research what's been made and code what you want. If the latter, check the stickies hanging around.

i can recreate the source for PJ64 and you two are right i want to push it further but aso wnt to play in the now

C-Kronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i can recreate the source for PJ64 and you two are right i want to push it further but aso wnt to play in the now

Yeah, I recreate it every time I take a dump.

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I recreate it every time I take a dump.
So True so True

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is really needed is a coverflow(something that display covers at least) for media.

The code is all out there so you don't have to start from scratch but its never been done yet.

xmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbcxmbc

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is really needed is a coverflow(something that display covers at least) for media.

The code is all out there so you don't have to start from scratch but its never been done yet.

What Do You Mean By That like what the usb loaders are doing please elaborate on this

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What Do You Mean By That like what the usb loaders are doing please elaborate on this

He means something similar to Wiiflow.

Which looks like this.

http://youtu.be/Ewwm11tdjuY?t=51s

Something similar to that, but has covers for movie titles and music albums.

thebeast923

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

He means something similar to Wiiflow.

Which looks like this.

http://youtu.be/Ewwm11tdjuY?t=51s

Something similar to that, but has covers for movie titles and music albums.
Dosnt Itunes already do that with cover view

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning