Hacking Need help on steps to get eshop games onto 9.2 sys nand

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi my sys nand is currently on 9.2. When purchased, I had already transferred those legit eshop games I bought from another 3DS to this one. Unfortunately, I did a format after that so it is still on a clean fresh 9.2 at the moment.

I know I can redownload the games from eshop, but that means I will have to update the sys nand to the latest version (is it v11 now?)

What are the current ways to get my legit eshop games onto the 9.2 sys nand without updating it to the latest version? Or any ways to update to the latest temporarily and downgrade back to 9.2?

No, I do not want to play the games on emu nand, I am doing this to sell my 3DS with my eshop games pre-installed on sys nand.

Thank you

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well you can create a Redirection Nand update it and redownload your games, after that downgrade the Redirection Nand to 9.2.0-X with the updates files from your same console region and mode, and check that everything go well with the downgrade and is effectively in 9.2.0-X, then make a Nand (full size) backup of the Redirection Nand and after that flash it to your System Nand.
Saying so you can enter the eShop without updating by some ways as long as your console region isn"t European, but I"m not sure if you can downlaod something from eShop if you do that but I can help you with that if you want to try that first instead.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Why would you sell it with your NNID still linked to it? You'd just be screwing the buyer when you linked it to another console.

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well you can create a Redirection Nand update it and redownload your games, after that downgrade the Redirection Nand to 9.2.0-X with the updates files from your same console region and mode, and check that everything go well with the downgrade and is effectively in 9.2.0-X, then make a Nand (full size) backup of the Redirection Nand and after that flash it to your System Nand.
Saying so you can enter the eShop without updating by some ways as long as your console region isn"t European, but I"m not sure if you can downlaod something from eShop if you do that but I can help you with that if you want to try that first instead.
Thats good to hear it is possible! But sorry I really need some layman's steps to pull this out. If you dont mind, could you please provide more details like which tools to use, etc.?

Why would you sell it with your NNID still linked to it? You'd just be screwing the buyer when you linked it to another console.
What do you mean? Without having both consoles, I would not be able to do a transfer to another console, so it will be the buyers keepers.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
If you were to ever buy another system you wouldn't be able to use your Nintendo Network account with it. So, for the buyer's sake, I hope you're also relinquishing your account info to them.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes I have no problem helping you, as long as your console isn"t from European region you can enter without updating.
1.-First you need a Homebrew Launcher entry point, you can install HomeMenuHax following the instructions here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
2.-Well then in case you have a NNID linked you need to install lastest NVER for your same console region and model; note that you need to install it to Nand so make sure you don"t anything with NASA more than installing NVER to Nand, for that when you are in NVER highlited, click L to disable Security Mode and R to change the Installation to Nand it should turn red and show "NAND". You can get NASA here, extract the "NASA" folder in SD:/3ds and extract and make sure to get lastest version:https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nasa-universal-cia-manager-for-fw-4-1-10-7.409806/
You can download NVER with 3DNUS: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/
You can check NVER for 11.0.0-33 here for Original - Old 3DS (3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS):https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php?date=05-09-16_08-00-49&sys=ctr
And for New 3DS here: https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php?date=05-09-16_08-00-58&sys=ktr
The regions are:
E=USA
P=EUR
J=JPN
C=CHN
K=KOR
T=TWN
Remeber to install the same as your console model and region.
3.-After that enter in the Homebrew Launcher trough HomeMenuHax and open the eShop app here.
4.-You now will be able to enter to the eShop and download your programs and apps, but only note that it can have problems downlaoding updates so if you have any problem downlaoding an update is normal so don"t worry about it.

player0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I have no problem helping you, as long as your console isn"t from European region you can enter without updating.
Sweet! This is most informative!
I am not sure about the region thing you said, mine is an AUS unit, so I am going to give it a try.
Thanks for helping mate!

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not backup your nand, and follow an a9lh tutorial to have 11.0? That way you can be on 11.0, access the eshop, and run homebrew. Seems like a win-win-win to me.

Also if you really wanted to. I'm fairly certain you should be able to downgrade from 11.0 a9lh by writing your nand backup back to the 3ds.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Yes AUS is EUR so use EUR files for your same console model, saying so there may be problems with EUR region because some URL was changed in later updates but it should work even so but if you get any problem outside what I said that some updates can have problems downloading, say here and I will assist you to other way to do it.
Also after you download all your games the better will be to downgrade your NVER to the original NVER for your version again using SysUpdater for the Homebrew Launcher using updates files from your same System version (it shows the version in System Settings) that need to be for your same region and model (or it brick if is for another region or model).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol