need help on online game, its about the game saves (dark souls)

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by notrustinsasuke, Feb 13, 2014.

1. notrustinsasuke
    OP

notrustinsasuke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
    United States
    okay i played dark souls prepare to die edition with a crack because i have no internet don't worry i bought the game i have a product key as proof, i don't have internet so point less to play since you cant save without a having internet but then i figured out you can save and play online if you use a crack so i used the crack i played offline while being able to save for awhile now and we are going to get internet in the summer soooo, i want to know if i can play the same account i've been playing offline and still have the same account when i play online.

p.s sorry for posting so much i cant help it because im a newb in computer, but the sad thing about my knowledge in computers is that i plan to major in computer science.

2. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    When I first played Dark Souls, I also pirated. I was not able to use my save with my Steam copy of the game, which had been attached to my legitimate GFWL account. Apparently the saves themselves are tethered to a GFWL account, and the pirated version has its save attached to a cracked/fake account.

I don't recall if there's any easy way to dupe the save over to a new account. Most of the save modifying shenanigans have been locked to the console versions of the games.

3. notrustinsasuke
    OP

notrustinsasuke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2013
    United States
    so that means I'll have to start the game all over. :wacko:

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Yeah, you'll need to restart all over again.

There are trainers available for the game, however, that allow you to change your stats and amount of souls in-game. You won't be able to spawn in any items, but you can still give your character the same stats as your cracked version. Google around for FLiNG Trainer for Dark Souls, that's the one I used to use when I switched from a cracked version to legit. Just make sure you don't use any cheats while going online, or you might get banned from the game.

Also, make sure you take a look at DSFix and DSCFix, it will vastly improve upon the game. If you need help, this tutorial is probably one of the better versions.

Enjoy ;)