Need help on HD crash

SaltyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a SATA drive that seemed to take a huge crap. I have several drives in my pc and all of a sudden i could no longer access my SATA drive. When I went to disk management it says the drive is now unpartitioned and needs a partition and reformatted. I DO NOT want to do this. I have a lot of pictures on this drive that I dont want to loose. Is there any program available that can help me restor my drive back? Or anything I can do. I just went kaput all of a sudden for some reason. Really frustrating. Thanks.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try connecting it to another sata port on your motherboard first, hopefully the sata port it is connected to is the problem. if not, most likely you will not be able to get any information from the hdd.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
I have a SATA drive that seemed to take a huge crap. I have several drives in my pc and all of a sudden i could no longer access my SATA drive. When I went to disk management it says the drive is now unpartitioned and needs a partition and reformatted. I DO NOT want to do this. I have a lot of pictures on this drive that I dont want to loose. Is there any program available that can help me restor my drive back? Or anything I can do. I just went kaput all of a sudden for some reason. Really frustrating. Thanks.
pr0n? I think it is gone...
frown.gif
sorry dude

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... if it makes it easier for you the files are almost all there unless you threw a magnet onto it or something... but i don't know the name of the program that lets you recover shit before the HD goes completely to hell.

SaltyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Linkiboy for the info. Got Stellar Phoenix and seems to be doing the trick. Gonna have to do a RAID for crap like this. Though when the drive gets problems that is usually the end of it. Oh and no it ain't pr0n, pictures of my son which I retardedly havent backed up on DVD. I would say this is a lesson learned but I am a dumbass and will prolly go through this again.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You might try to find a program to recover the partitions. I've accidently deleted a partition when messing around installing windows xp. I can't remember the name of the program that recovered it, but you could download a free demo. The demo would show you that it could recover your drive, but to actually recover it you needed to pay for the application.

I do think recovering my harddrive from a deleted partition was responsible for it breaking a few months later. Luckly I backed everything up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents