Need Help new AceKard2 owner

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DoctaDiabetes, Jul 8, 2008.

Jul 8, 2008
  1. DoctaDiabetes
    OP

Newcomer DoctaDiabetes Newbie

United States
    hey i am new and i just ordered a Acekard2 to come in the mail soon. I should have waited to order because of the problems but owell. I was just wondering what stuff i need to download like firmware wise and the moonshell thing? Also what should i do to make my AK2 last as long as possible? Ive seen a lot of people getting problems because they use homebrew or cheats. Personally i just want to play the games they were meant to be played(no cheats or anything) and i dont really plan on using my card for anything more than games at the moment. Also i got that A-Data 4gb Class 6 MicroSD from Newegg.com because its suppost to be good and fast

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You need to download and install the firmware (get it from the Acekard website), create a folder named "games" (or whatever you want), and drop your .nds files on it. That's it.

Moonshell will allow you to play media (videos and music), and there is a version on the Acekard website in the download area that's already set up to run on the AK2.

As far as I know, the use of cheats, homebrew, or any other normal usage will not cause your AK2 to fail. There is no way to prevent the hardware failure you've read about if you happen to get a bad cart. All you can do is hope yours isn't bad, and be prepared to return it if it is.

-Bri

3. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    people aren't getting problems with teh acekard from using homebrew and cheats. its simply because the card is faulty. hopefully it will last a week or two for you. If your acekard happens to get a FAT error, or the 0101010101010110 error, return it to wherever you bought it from, they should be aware of the problem and they will either give you a refund or a replacement. if you are lucky they will give you a new card altogether provided you give them the right amount.

I'd recommend getting BLISS OS menu for firmware. as for moonshell you will need to get the one off the acekard site for acekard 2.