[Need Help] Monster Hunter 3 on a disc backup loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by NemesiN, Aug 25, 2009.

1. NemesiN
    OP

Newcomer NemesiN Newbie

United States
    I have spent the last 12 hours doing non stop searching on this topic. I'm getting kinda tired, so if i am bringing up old new I appologize.

I have a backup of Monster Hunter 3 Tri. It runs on IOS 222/223. I am able to get the game running on USB Loader GX just fine. Only problem is you cant play online with a USB Loader.

Does anyone know of a disc backup loader that runs with IOS 222/223?
    or
    Does anyone know how to get MH3 to work on a disc backup loader so I can play online?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

2. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
  3. NemesiN
    OP

Newcomer NemesiN Newbie

United States
    Whenever i use Gecko it gives me this prompt, "Not A Wii or Gamecube Game". I'm under the impression that Gecko doesnt support backups.

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Check the description in my video on youtube and also check if you´ve installed all of the files mentioned there.

5. NemesiN
    OP

Newcomer NemesiN Newbie

United States
    I currently have HBC with cIOS38rev14, cIOS55bugfix, and GeckoOS 1.9.2 installed. I placed the burned DVD with the Monster Hunter 3 ISO on it and it says "Not a Wii or Gamecube game".

If I load the disc with NeoGamma, it will load up, but it freezes after i select the first menu option because MH3 uses IOS222/223 and NeoGamma uses 249.

I'm completely lost at what to do.

6. NemesiN
    OP

Newcomer NemesiN Newbie

United States
  7. koffieleut

Member koffieleut GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    atleast you got the game running, it won't work on my wii not trough gecko, disc channel or backup loader. it crashes after the first option

8. mistajase

Newcomer mistajase Member

United Kingdom
    I got it running off DVD but i had loads of trouble at first, I have a softmodded PAL 3.2 wii.
    neogamma r7 (rev14) and gecko wouldn't run the dvd so after poking around forums on the net I found the solution!

Install 'softchip r99' ( its a backup luncher which lets you choose which ios to run a game with)
    make sure u have ios55 AND bugfix55 (IMPORTANT: the game doesnt work without the fix)

Now the game works fine!

I also used wiiFri to convert the MH3 iso image from ntsc_j to pal and left the other settings as default.
    my softchip setting are :
    ISO 55
    Game's Language: auto
    Patch Country Strings: Enabled
    Video Mode: Disk region Default
    Autoboot: Disabled
    Silent: Disabled
    Logging: Disabled
    Remove 002 Protection: Enabled
    Fake IOS Version: Disabled:
    Load Requested IOS: Enabled

I hope this help some people, but if I was you I'd wait till the English language version comes out otherwise its difficult to follow the story and understand game quests/hints ect... even with the newer semi-English version (which I'm using!). [​IMG]

and I can change my characters name [​IMG]

9. NemesiN
    OP

Newcomer NemesiN Newbie

United States
    I found out my problem. The CD that I was using was done using Backup Creator. I had searched so many places and found so many different answers, that I had forgotten about that. I reburned the iso without running it through backup creator and it worked fine with SoftChip. Thanks everybody.