Need help modding wii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kazekun, May 4, 2011.

May 4, 2011

Need help modding wii! by kazekun at 7:42 PM (455 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Alright, heres the case, i have my own modded wii with usb loader, working fine, my cousin asked me to help him mod his to, so i willingly decided to help, so, i installed, the cios and so on on the wii thats on 4.3pal, using smash stack, i installed homebrew channel + priiloader without problems, installed usb loader gx + neogamma, heres the problem, i tryed the wii with my own external disk, and works perfect, but, when i imput my dvds in it, it says no dvd - r in the wii, wich atm is a problem since my cousin doesnt have a external disk, am i missing something ? the wii is a old version with 2-3 years one of the white ones still, shouldnt have an issue, in reading dvds i think, what am i missing ? O.o

2. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Has it been sent to Nintendo before? They have a habit of switching out the drives, even if the problem isn't related to the disc drive.

I suggest for now your cousin stick with his retail copies (I assume you aren't filthy pirates). Using backup discs isn't good for the lens anyway.

3. kazekun
    OP

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    found the problem most likely, the wii is indeed old but, its a LEH28 so, its probably the reason.