Need Help. Launch Model PS3 (60GB) - trying to install CFW

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I read guides and what not but it appears I'm doing something wrong... if someone can explain in a dumb person's POV, can someone please assist / throw me a guide specifically to the launch model fat on how to hack?

It's currently on OFW 4.60.

As far as I understand, I should install "Rebug_4.86.1_Lite"
I've tried going through the recovery mode (2 beeps) - but it keeps telling me file is corrupted (in a foreign language, but it should be equivalent to that).
MD5 I have for the update.pup is a2c79919cafdbb50ccb5ee9589245380

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you following the PS3Xploit guide for installing CFW?
http://ps3xploit.com/ ? if so, I am not sure how to use this site, the youtube video(s) i found doesn't have the same thing. the Flash Writer is missing that check thing. As for the forums, not sure which one to use, it's too much information for me to comprehend unfortunately.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
First, I read guides and what not but it appears I'm doing something wrong... if someone can explain in a dumb person's POV, can someone please assist / throw me a guide specifically to the launch model fat on how to hack?

It's currently on OFW 4.60.

As far as I understand, I should install "Rebug_4.86.1_Lite"
I've tried going through the recovery mode (2 beeps) - but it keeps telling me file is corrupted (in a foreign language, but it should be equivalent to that).
MD5 I have for the update.pup is a2c79919cafdbb50ccb5ee9589245380
I would install 4.88 HFW then proceed to the next steps of the guides.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would install 4.88 HFW then proceed to the next steps of the guides.

But I think I'm trying that but it keeps failing and MD5 matches, that means I am not doing something correctly or maybe not even using the correct files / using the wrong source. This is the reason why I'm asking for a dumb person's step-by-step guide.
I did filter which instructions to use (CECHA), but since it's bit of an information overload for me, I am not 100% confident i am also using the right one either, although I think I am.

Currently, ps3xploit doesn't load on the PS3 browsers (it won't go to it)
Recovery Mode keeps telling me file is corrupted

so I dont know what else to try

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But I think I'm trying that but it keeps failing and MD5 matches, that means I am not doing something correctly or maybe not even using the correct files / using the wrong source. This is the reason why I'm asking for a dumb person's step-by-step guide.
I did filter which instructions to use (CECHA), but since it's bit of an information overload for me, I am not 100% confident i am also using the right one either, although I think I am.

Currently, ps3xploit doesn't load on the PS3 browsers (it won't go to it)
Recovery Mode keeps telling me file is corrupted

so I dont know what else to try
Update to 4.88 ofw - See if that goes through.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After I plugged in an Ethernet Cable, it worked and now i'm on 4.88 with enablement. Thank you. However, now I have the issue of stuff I installed not booting. I basically installed:
Webman Mod V1.47.37
CONFIG database & PS2 Classic Launcher
Minis & Remaster

so that I can boot PS2's mainly but also PSP since it was there. Everything that's not webman tells me basically it's expired or something of that nature (date/time error) while webman basically won't load and reboots back into XMB with the XMBchime in the background. error something in the nature of failure to load.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
After I plugged in an Ethernet Cable, it worked and now i'm on 4.88 with enablement. Thank you. However, now I have the issue of stuff I installed not booting. I basically installed:
Webman Mod V1.47.37
CONFIG database & PS2 Classic Launcher
Minis & Remaster

so that I can boot PS2's mainly but also PSP since it was there. Everything that's not webman tells me basically it's expired or something of that nature (date/time error) while webman basically won't load and reboots back into XMB with the XMBchime in the background. error something in the nature of failure to load.
What cfw did you install?

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What cfw did you install?
4.88 HFW

And I got it working now...I think? at least Webman Settings now shows. and PSP / PS2 / PS1 app no longer shows error. I had it on AUTO DATE / TIME from Internet but I changed it from Japan time (automated) to USA East Coast manually and it's working now...at least, those errors no longer pops. Now I have to see if PS2 / PS1 ISO will pickup after I FTP a few

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
4.88 HFW

And I got it working now...I think? at least Webman Settings now shows. and PSP / PS2 / PS1 app no longer shows error. I had it on AUTO DATE / TIME from Internet but I changed it from Japan time (automated) to USA East Coast manually and it's working now...at least, those errors no longer pops. Now I have to see if PS2 / PS1 ISO will pickup after I FTP a few
You have launch model = install cfw.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have launch model = install cfw.

You told me to install 4.88HFW though...so what cfw then? My main purpose is just trying to get PS2 / PS1 ISO running as my PS2 finally died out and now I only have a fat PS3 to play PS1 and PS2 but I also want to avoid using the Disk Drive except extracting the roms i own. I have a slim PS3 to run PS3 games specifically (which won't be modded until the disk drive starts to die)

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You told me to install 4.88HFW though...so what cfw then? My main purpose is just trying to get PS2 / PS1 ISO running as my PS2 finally died out and now I only have a fat PS3 to play PS1 and PS2 but I also want to avoid using the Disk Drive except extracting the roms i own. I have a slim PS3 to run PS3 games specifically (which won't be modded until the disk drive starts to die)
1.hfw.
2.cfw.
3.Evilknat 4.88.2.

This will play ps2 isos no problem.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.hfw.
2.cfw.
3.Evilknat 4.88.2.

This will play ps2 isos no problem.

So yes, I'm on HFW. I was able to have it mount PS2, but it fails to load now. what i did was
1) FTP'd over ISO into dev-hdd0/PS2ISO for PS2, /ps1iso for PS1.
2) I rebooted system
3) Reenabled HEN with the icon in the GAME XMB
4) mounted it via Webman that pops up after HEN is enabled
5) Yellow disc shows but boots back into XMB with error saying it failed.

also, although i can get webman to show up after i enable hen, the other webman that's there by default...webman installer i think was the name, doesn't do anything. it's filtered into PS3 folder

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So yes, I'm on HFW. I was able to have it mount PS2, but it fails to load now. what i did was
1) FTP'd over ISO into dev-hdd0/PS2ISO for PS2, /ps1iso for PS1.
2) I rebooted system
3) Reenabled HEN with the icon in the GAME XMB
4) mounted it via Webman that pops up after HEN is enabled
5) Yellow disc shows but boots back into XMB with error saying it failed.

Hen needs rebug ps2 launcher and you have to process ps2 isos 1st bin.enc (you can also make ps2.pkg)
Cfw doesnt need this. Just ps2 iso.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hen needs rebug ps2 launcher and you have to process ps2 isos 1st bin.enc (you can also make ps2.pkg)
Cfw doesnt need this. Just ps2 iso.

so what do i need to do? I'm not exactly sure what you mean unfortunately. also, from what I undertand, Rebug PS2 Launcher is for software emulated PS3s, mine is fully emulated PS2 so I don't think that's what I need to use(?)

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
so what do i need to do? I'm not exactly sure what you mean unfortunately.
Here goes again

Install cfw evilknat 4.88.2

Put ps2 iso in ps2iso folder ( you can also usb ps2 isos but they will get copied back to internal hdd prior to loading)

load with webman, multiman, irismanager, managunz etc and enjoy ps2.

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here goes again

Install cfw evilknat 4.88.2

Put ps2 iso in ps2iso folder ( you can also usb ps2 isos but they will get copied back to internal hdd prior to loading)

load with webman, multiman, irismanager, managunz etc and enjoy ps2.

it wont' let me update to it, says it's corrupted but MD5 matches. tried it both XMB and Recovery menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2