Need help -just got a 3ds wondering about flashcards

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TheHaxForU, Jan 19, 2012.

1. TheHaxForU
    OP

Member TheHaxForU GBAtemp Regular

United States
    okay so i use to have a 3ds phat but it was awhile ago and i don't have it anymore, just got a 3ds and found out about flashcards ive read around and decided to get a DSTWO but my 3ds is 3.0.0-6U and i read some where about having to update the card with an older ds to which i have no access to.
    i was hoping just to get the card download the firmware (what is DSTWO OS btw) copy it and my games then play :P

sorry for being such a "new"b just this is "new" to me and i dont trust the youtube videos they all look like fakes :| "hack 3ds no card needed"

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Let me list some facts:

1) the dsi/3ds has the ability to block flashcarts via firmware updates, so always make sure there's an update by the team (on their official website) before updating your 3ds. If your 3ds firmware is too high for your cart to run, it'll show an error screen upon boot-up of the flashcart.

2) you have to update your dstwo's bootloader (the fake header of a game that is used to fake the flashcart as a legit game card) to bypass the block. You can download the updater on their website (here; there are also instructions on updating there). Updating requires your flashcart to be fully functioning on your system (as you mentioned), but the dstwo is special: you can also update, even if the error screen is shown. It also requires a (slightly) different method of updating (guide here).

3) EOS = the dstwo's operating system, which basically are your system files. It allows you to select and boot games/homebrews. Updating the EOS will increase compatibility to newer games.

Ask if you've any questions.

3. TheHaxForU
    OP

United States
    ok. first off thanks alot you answers many questions :P even some i didnt ask.
    so i read both links you gave me
    then i saw that firmware v1.13 support ds 3.0.0.6 does that mean i just download it put it on the microSD and put it in
    or will i still have to find a system to update it?

then in the other post one with the error and waiting 3 minutes it says for 3ds ver 2.0 and i dont think thats me. :\
    does it still apply ?

4. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    You can update your dstwo, even if it's showing an error screen. Here's the guide: http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8832-1-1.html

Here's a basic outline:
    1) download the updater
    2) rename it to "dstwoupdateb.dat" (just add the b at the end)
    3) place it onto the root of the sd card, along with the latest EOS
    4) when inserted/booted on your 3ds, the error screen will still show while you update, but don't turn your 3ds off
    5) wait for a good 3 minutes or so (while the error screen still shows) to make sure that the update has completed
    6) power off after waiting and delete the updater

Your dstwo will be compatible to 3ds v3.0.0-6 after the update.

5. TheHaxForU
    OP

United States
    ohh.k for sure :] -and whats your input on the emulators -main resin im getting the card 3ds why u no have slot2 :[

eShop dosnt have any good classic game -(afew)

6. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    I actually don't have a dstwo myself, so I can't really provide you with a valid opinion. But you can look around the wiki for some information: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Category:SuperCard