Need help! Internet settings tries to load homebrew page

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by binbrookrepn, May 7, 2019.

1. binbrookrepn
    OP

binbrookrepn Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2019
    Canada
    Hi all,

I purchased a used switch and I am guessing they tried to run custom firmware on the unit as when I try to go to internet settings my switch goes direct to a page where it says homebrew and it has an option to RUN or DOWNLOAD. Neither function works and me being a noob, I have no idea of getting rid of this....I am happy with no custom firmware as my son wants to play splatoon 2 online and just want it back to factory spec. Current firmware is 8.0

Can anyone help?

NoNAND likes this.
  2. Cubuss

Cubuss GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2017
    Netherlands
    High Quality Shitposter
    You are using hb-menu nx dns ,

change your dns settings in internet settings

thats only for 3.0.0 firmware

Last edited by Cubuss, May 7, 2019
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Not only that but you're running a switch that has a dirty nand. Even if you get it all back to factory defaults you can expect a ban if you try and play an online game like splatoon 2

NoNAND likes this.
  4. binbrookrepn
    OP

binbrookrepn Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2019
    Canada
    Darn that sucks, I am thinking I should just go ahead and mod the console then? Any mods work on latest firmware and what is the easiest? Again big noob here......

5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    CFWs work fine on 8.x if you have an unpatched system (which you likely do, since it appears you were on 3.0 at some point).

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ for installing atmosphere CFW. Or https://guide.teamatlasnx.com/ for kosmos (which is atmosphere bundled with a few homebrew apps)

6. Kubez

Kubez GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2019
    United States
    I would wait till you get a ban just to be certain

7. binbrookrepn
    OP

binbrookrepn Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2019
    Canada
    Thanks for the help everyone

8. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp's Official NAND multipurpose tool.

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    GhostLatte's van
    As the user above suggests a ban is to be expected sooner or later on this machine.
    My guess is to sell this and get a new switch if legit games and online play is all what you want and need.
    Or you might keept it, hack it and install lan-play on it which allows you to play online games regardless of ban status.

binbrookrepn likes this.