Hacking Need help injecting english patched Fatal Frame 4 with TeconMoon

MMX69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone. I'm really frustrated trying to figure out how to get a patched copy of Fatal Frame 4 on my WiiU. I tried building it already and installing it with WUPInstallerGX but when I load the game, some Japanese text shows up on screen and the game freezes. I already created a New Super Mario Bros. with TeconMoon that plays fine. I'm just wondering if there are extra steps with a patched JPN game or if its even compatible? I've tried Googling this topic and searching the threads but came up with nothing. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by MMX69,
Reactions: CalyxTDeuced

CalyxTDeuced

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Since i've faced same problem, i have found a solution, first i suggest hunting down iso with gameid of FF4ENG, it has additional bugfixes, if you need to import older saves you'll need to open ISO in hex editor and change it there.

But in order to convert with teconmoon open "advanced" tab and select "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC ..." during convertion a cmd window will open and i suggest using "a, smart option" NTSC -> PAL, after, copy and install, works for me, though there are few visual text glitches, as far as i have found its due to translation itself, only fixable in dolphin i think. Hope it helps.

itemshop

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I know this is old and probably long since resolved but I had the same issue and had a hard time finding the solution, so I want to post it somewhere for others.

To get past the Japanese message that "freezes" the game, all you have to do is plug in a nunchuk.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks, i just recently heard about this game and was interested in trying it out.

My issue is getting the game on the wii u on the first place.
I've been following this guide to set up my wii u
Youtube: Wii U 2022 5.5.5 Hacking Guide - Tiramisu - Play games from USB

I'm using TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector
However, one of the files it creates is over 4gb in size so will not fit on the wii u sd card as it is formatted to fat32.
How did you get the game to install on the wii u?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, i just recently heard about this game and was interested in trying it out.

My issue is getting the game on the wii u on the first place.
I've been following this guide to set up my wii u
Youtube: Wii U 2022 5.5.5 Hacking Guide - Tiramisu - Play games from USB

I'm using TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector
However, one of the files it creates is over 4gb in size so will not fit on the wii u sd card as it is formatted to fat32.
How did you get the game to install on the wii u?
That's weird. Afaik, no game should have that large a file.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
That's weird. Afaik, no game should have that large a file.

Thanks , i used Wii scrubber and trimmed the iso a bit smaller and was able to copy it to the sd card.
However, when i try to install it just gives me error:

"0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached?)"

I am using a 32gb sandisk usb thumbdrive
I have not used the usb drive before on the wii U to install anything
I just formatted it in the wii u system menu and is recognised in the system settings menu.
But am not sure why WUP installer gx2 will not recognise it

EDIT 1:

Ok I think im just doing this wrong
I got windwaker HD to install just fine on the usb drive, so the usb drive is working fine.
So most likley i need to try another approach to get fatal frame 4 wii to install on the wii u.

I'll give it a go again tomorrow

EDIT 2:

Ok got it working now
I think i know what the problem was, i had previously hex edited the iso to change the region make it compatible with dolphin.
I now just downloaded the English translated iso again and used TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector and it converted again and all files are now under 4gb.
I was able to tranfer and install on the wii U and played the tutorial chapter.

Last edited by grubgrub,
Reactions: godreborn

IncubatedDucks

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since i've faced same problem, i have found a solution, first i suggest hunting down iso with gameid of FF4ENG, it has additional bugfixes, if you need to import older saves you'll need to open ISO in hex editor and change it there.

But in order to convert with teconmoon open "advanced" tab and select "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC ..." during convertion a cmd window will open and i suggest using "a, smart option" NTSC -> PAL, after, copy and install, works for me, though there are few visual text glitches, as far as i have found its due to translation itself, only fixable in dolphin i think. Hope it helps.
Can you or someone please clarify what you mean by use a smart option? I tick the box for "Patch video mode with Wii-VMC" and then the CMD window pops up but THEN WHAT? The CMD window is blank. There's nothing to select. I've tried typing it in and nothing happens. What is the "Smart Option"? Where do I find it and what do I need to do with this blank CMD window?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the year of our lord 2023. The iso of the game with english patch has been uploaded at Archive since 2021. Head there and look for "Fatal Frame: Mask Of The Lunar Eclipse (English patched) (Dolphin compatible)".

That's to me, is the smart option.

Reactions: grubgrub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: