Hacking need help in updating Switch 1.0.0

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an SX Pro and can successfully enter RCM mode. I've placed the boot.bin in the root of my SD card (2.5.3). I have performed a full NAND back. Once completed I registered my switch and received a license.dat file from TX. However, when I copy that file to the root of my card and boot (auto RCM enabled) it shows the SX OS splash screen and then quickly goes to the Nintendo splash screen. It does not allow me to enter the SX OS menus.

A few seconds after the Nintendo OS loads the switch crashes with the following error code: 2254-0006

My Switch is virgin (never been online) 1.0.0.

I believe I need to get my Switch to a newer FW in order to resolve that error. I also believe I need to utilize choidujournx in order to do that. However, I'm confused as to the first logical steps to accomplish that.

I believe choidujournx requires hbloader... however I cannot boot CFW in order to get that installed.

Any help? Appreciate it.

Coreyosaur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To see SX os menu, hold the power+vol up buttons instead of tapping for <1sec

I don't have insight on the error code, but I did use choidujournx from hbmenu once booted into cfw to update.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Try an older SX OS version, update to 6.2.0 without burning fuses and than try to use the latest SX OS release. Had the same issue and now it works for me :)

snam11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by snam11,
Reactions: Jimyb3 and j_mcc99

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you get crashes because of older (and probably untested) firmware, mine (1.0) worked fine with sx os 2.4.1
after the emunand creation (plain fat32 sd emunand, no partition ) and update with choidj to latest 6.2 i can use up to latest 2.5.2 without any issues.
if you need detailed steps:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-i-u...-with-switch-on-1-0-0-fw.528108/#post-8460958
Thanks very much for the help, you and everyone else that contributed to this thread.

I have successfully updated emunand to 6.0.1, sysnand still at 1.0.0. :) I did this using SX OS 2.0.1 (closest version I could get to what was recommended).

The last problem that's really got my goat is.... what do I need to do to get support for 128GB fat32 microsd? I've been doing all this work on a 32GB card (SDHC). How do I get to the point to allow for use of my 128GB SDXC. From what I've read there is an update which enables support for SDXC.... I just don't know where to get it, how to apply it.

Thanks very much!

Reactions: Jimyb3

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very much for the help, you and everyone else that contributed to this thread.

I have successfully updated emunand to 6.0.1, sysnand still at 1.0.0. :) I did this using SX OS 2.0.1 (closest version I could get to what was recommended).

The last problem that's really got my goat is.... what do I need to do to get support for 128GB fat32 microsd? I've been doing all this work on a 32GB card (SDHC). How do I get to the point to allow for use of my 128GB SDXC. From what I've read there is an update which enables support for SDXC.... I just don't know where to get it, how to apply it.

Thanks very much!
Just format your 128gb sd card as fat32 and it should work

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried that... several times now. Each time I end up with the SX OS red screen which says "BOOT.dat?".

I'm using Ease US Partition Master to create the 128GB fat32 partition. Is there a different piece of software I should be using for setting up the card, perhaps?

All things remaining equal... my 32GB SDHC card works without any issues. Just seems to be the SDXC card.

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
why dont you format it in the switch?.

I have 1.0.0 and using choixdejour am on 5.1 (not needed to update it past that). I also installed the exfat driver with the s/w at the same time. Did you do that?,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried that... several times now. Each time I end up with the SX OS red screen which says "BOOT.dat?".

I'm using Ease US Partition Master to create the 128GB fat32 partition. Is there a different piece of software I should be using for setting up the card, perhaps?

All things remaining equal... my 32GB SDHC card works without any issues. Just seems to be the SDXC card.
This works good for me http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia

Why are you making a separate fat32 partition?
If it shows "Boot.dat?" then its not finding the dat file, are you sure you have the proper file structure on your sd card?

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you making a separate fat32 partition?
If it shows "Boot.dat?" then its not finding the dat file, are you sure you have the proper file structure on your sd card?
I've copied over my working file structure from my 32GB SDHC card... so should be apples to apples. Really, there's no fancy file structure. Just boot.dat and the license file in the root directory and it should work, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

why dont you format it in the switch?.

I have 1.0.0 and using choixdejour am on 5.1 (not needed to update it past that). I also installed the exfat driver with the s/w at the same time. Did you do that?,
I had installed 6.0.1 without exfat but just this morning I reinstalled 6.0.1 with exfat (both using ChoixdejourNX) and it still did not work. :(

Reactions: charlieb

lukands

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I've copied over my working file structure from my 32GB SDHC card... so should be apples to apples. Really, there's no fancy file structure. Just boot.dat and the license file in the root directory and it should work, right?

But what about your emunand, if its a hidden folder (separate partition) you can`t just copy 1 to 1 (from 32gb to your 128).

j_mcc99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried that earlier, to no avail. I just tried it again (to be sure) and, once again, I get the boot.dat? red error screen.

Is there a special sector size I need to set? I set it for 32MB sectors (which was the default).

I think someone also mentioned letting the switch format it.... but I've got autoRCM enabled and emunand boots automatically. I suppose I could disable autoRCM and have the OFW boot but that kinda unnerves me... even though it should be fine (OFW is 1.0.0 and I have only 1 burnt fuse... still pristine).

But what about your emunand, if its a hidden folder (separate partition) you can`t just copy 1 to 1 (from 32gb to your 128).
Good point! I went with splitting my sysnand so emunand is not on SD.... so it shouldn't need to be taken into consideration, right?

I'll try (right now) to format an 8GB SDHC (not SDXC) microsd to fat32 and see if it works with a straight copy....

Ok, re-formatted my 8GB to the specifications above (4K sector size) and it worked fine. This is killin' me...

Also, I previously said 32MB sector size.... pretty sure it's 32K. :P

lukands

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
So where is your emunand then???
And yes it should be 32kb cluster size.

To be honest instead of trying to copy files/folders from one card to another, just start from scratch again. Thats what I did when I went from 128GB to 200GBGB (Only bbecause my emunand was hidden so it couldn`t be transferred over with a simple copy/paste.
Thats why I asked where is your emunand you created?
And what sx os are you using? I believe some versions don`t work with certain switch OFW?

Last edited by lukands,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM