Hacking Need help in determining if I bought a legit or clone R4 Flashcart

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

The title of the thread says it all. I just recently bought an R4 flashcart for my 2DS to run some of my DS game backups, when I was overwhelmed to find out that it has several clones, and websites as well, I couldn't determine which is which.

Setting it up was a bit of a pain, I had to find the right website/download, and finally found one kernel that works.

Here's a few pics:

(I apologize for the shitty camera quality of my phone)

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Yes , it is a clone.anyways, the only non-clone one is the original r4, so you can't really be safe :P
The kernel for that card is at r4isdhc.com .
I can help you put ysmenu on there to get rid of the time bomb.
Shoot me a pm if interested

Reactions: ShikaSan

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes , it is a clone.anyways, the only non-clone one is the original r4, so you can't really be safe :P

Oh God... anyway, thanks! I'm interested about ysmenu, and what's this about a time bomb?

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Looks like a r4isdhc.hk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh God... anyway, thanks! I'm interested about ysmenu, and what's this about a time bomb?
Does your card use r4.dat to start the kernel if so format the card and put my ysmenu autoboot package on it http://www.file-upload.net/download-11734861/Ysmenu.7z.html.

Last edited by DarkGabbz,

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like a r4isdhc.hk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does your card use r4.dat to start the kernel.

That's where I got the kernel, and it's shady as well. When you type the address of the website without "www." it shows an Apache error, but if you complete the address, it shows the actual website. Weird.

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
That one is a very decent flashcart if you put a normal kernel on it :P Just watch out with YSMenu, it bricked my previous flashcart permanently!

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Now, I'm suddenly a little bit confused on which to use. :rofl:

Well, I don't want to risk potentially bricking my flashcart with YSMenu, so I'm using a very specific version of R4 Wood (because other versions cause an indefinite loading screen). I'll get home in an hour, I could upload the kernel I'm using.

But if you want to try out YSMenu, it's okay. But if it freezes on a gray screen, you're damned.

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MarcusD was right. It bricked.

Edit: Is there anyway to recover it? The cart doesn't show up on the home menu of my 2DS anymore.

Last edited by ShikaSan,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
MarcusD was right. It bricked.

Edit: Is there anyway to recover it? The cart doesn't show up on the home menu of my 2DS anymore.

I'm trying to find a way to recover it, which involves turning the updater nds (which is a homebrew) to a cia. I may be able to finish the ROM patcher today, so I could try to unbrick my cart. If the updater unbricks my cart, I'll upload the cia.

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I see... well, I wish you luck with that. I'll keep an eye on that, but I'm thinking of buying another R4 later this week.

If by chance, can you upload a .3dsx file as well? I'm on 11.0 firmware, and can only use HBL. Granted that the updater doesn't need kernel access, of course.

Last edited by ShikaSan,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I see... well, I wish you luck with that. I'll keep an eye on that, but I'm thinking of buying another R4 later this week.

If by chance, can you upload a .3dsx file as well? I'm on 11.0 firmware, and can only use HBL. Granted that the updater doesn't need kernel access, of course.

Well, the updater is originally an NDS file, so converting it to 3dsx is fully impossible. Then you'll need to buy a new flashcart then :(

ShikaSan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the updater is originally an NDS file, so converting it to 3dsx is fully impossible. Then you'll need to buy a new flashcart then :(

That's a shame. But thanks, it was a gamble I took, it's okay.

Also, would someone mind telling me what's this "time bomb" mentioned a few replies earlier?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1