Hacking Need help - I somehow broke my godmode9/cias when installing Luma3DS

Shiroae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello! Today I attempted to install CFW on my n2dsXL(on update 11.6.0.39-E) using the 3DS hacks guide, with the seedmining method. It all went smoothly, and the CFW is still installed, I just have a... hopefully, fixable issue.

Like said everything was great until I hit the point to finalize my setup. More specifically, everything worked great until section VII of 'finalize', where you're supposed to do a backup of your sysnand. I did the back up, hit R+B to eject my memory card, inserted it in the PC and then instead of the 'normal' folders inside gm9, mine looked like randomly named folders and files of various sizes. Now, I will admit I panicked. So instead of doing potentially better things, I inserted the memory card back in my 3DS and rebooted it. Upon starting up, my 3DS notified me that I had no memory card inserted, so I removed it and inserted it once more. My 3DS booted up as normal, with the exception of my cias( not loading and just showing as a black square on my home menu. When I try to launch them, I get an error saying the card is removed and I should press any button to reboot. The homebrew launcher/Rosalina 2.0.0 is still accessible through my 'Download Play' application, but the only application in it is an corrupted icon(used to be FBI). I can boot into Luma configuration by holding select at boot, but I can't boot into godmode9 by holding start. I can also open the Rosalina menu using L + down + select.

tl;dr: Somehow fucked up taking a back up of my sysnand using godmode9 and it broke all my installed cias and godmode9. Luma3DS is still installed and working, however I don't know how to fix my issue. Is there a way to uninstall them so I can start the process of finalizing my CFW install all over again? I really am quite new at this, so whereas I'm semi decent at following instructions I have no idea how to handle this issue and step by step instructions on fixing it, or removing the whole thing would really be appreciated. Thank you!

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can’t “break” GM9. Your SD card likely got corrupted. Can you take a picture of the weirdly named stuff? Yes, check with h2testw. You may have to format it and restart =/

Shiroae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, you can’t “break” GM9. Your SD card likely got corrupted. Can you take a picture of the weirdly named stuff? Yes, check with h2testw. You may have to format it and restart =/
Have you tried testing the card first with h2testw? Sounds like it might be a fake.

Thank you guys! Sometimes you just can't see what should be obvious. As it's new and from a reputable seller I didn't even consider that the card might be bad, but upon checking it with h2testw, it seems to be faulty. Gonna format and use a different SD card I know is legit instead and hopefully have better results!

UPDATE: Worked like a charm, thanks again!

Last edited by Shiroae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM