Need help i have a r4 flashcart but cant find latest firmware

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by jaykop, Dec 15, 2010.

1. jaykop
    OP

Newcomer jaykop Member

United Kingdom
    r4 revolution 3 supercard but cant find latest firmware can anyone help me out with this thanx....

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Where did you buy the cart?

3. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Pffff...[​IMG]

Anyway, does it have a box or anything on it with a website address? Check there if it does.

4. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
    Okay, everybody is laughing because R4 and Supercard are COMPLETELY different.

So amend your statement of what you have, and we'll try to help you.
    OR, show us a picture, or link us to the website printed on the box, and we'll figure out exactly what you have.

5. jaykop
    OP

Newcomer jaykop Member

United Kingdom
    right i cant remember were i got it online but i have uploaded a photo of the card, hope this helps thanx

6. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Usually when I see posts like this I always say visit http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ and start trying out each of the R4 firmwares until you find one that works

IF you happen to have a webaddress showing (on the flashcard or on the box itself) - then that usually the first place to look, most of the R4 in the above webs 'R4' section have a web address next to them, so that may give you an idea to which one(s) to try first

Another clue to what it MIGHT be --
    • Can you list the folders/files you find on the ROOT of the memory card
      (it might have _mshl.nds or system.dat or whatever)
    EDIT: A quick google search came up with this post & a link there take you to this site
    They have this picture of the box - shame I can't read the web address on it
    [​IMG]

EDIT #2: A bit more searching & I found this post if you look @ post #6 there's a 'quote' describing a card similar to yours and a download link . Unfortunately you need to sign up to be able to download it though

Looking at the version number though and looking @ linfoxdomain web - the only firmwares I can see that has a number 'similar' to v3.1 is the 'r4-III/R4 Upgrade' (3.09) and the 'R4-III SDHC' (3.07) - so I would give those a try first
    Download them & unzip them - see if they have 'similar' files to what you already have on the card

7. pablo70

Newcomer pablo70 Member

United Kingdom
    wrong thread soz