Hacking Need Help - I don't Want This to Happen Again...

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was downloading a Wii Iso, Twilight Princes, and it was in the uTorrent like usual. I already had Mario Galaxy and Battle Revolution downloaded too. Anyway, my cable company sent an e-mail saying they found me downloading the file and was going to shut down the internet!
cry.gif
This was about 2 weeks ago, but I think I realized why I got caught. I didn't put the Encryption one because I was trying to make it go faster.
lecture.gif
I know now to keep it on, but is there anything I can do to make sure I don't get in trouble again? Someone recommended me PeerGuardian and it seems to be working, but I can't be sure. I'm even afraid to download DS backups.
frown.gif

Tweaked

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no idea what the hell a private tracker is.

I just rely on big name torrent sites, if anyone could tell me about private trackers and how to go about applying for membership would be awsome :]

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you use torrents the bittorrent client does give out your IP address. Even if your using peerguardian, they could still find you. All peerguardian does is block any known IPs that could be the Nintendo and so on from connecting to you. These people arn't stupid and will use alternative IP addresses that peerguardian will not block. Even if your using private tracker their is an element of risk. Nintendo themselves could easily get invited to the private tracker, just like anyone else. Using torrents these days, you may as well just send you name and address to them.

To make it safer its better to use the newsgroups. This way, no ones connecting to you and you pretty safe. The only guaranteed way of not being caught is to not download anything illegal. Your lucky its only your internet connection thats being threatened, it could be a lot worse and you could be sharing a cell with bubba.

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usenet is a lot safer bet. First of all you arent having to share your IP with potentially hundreds of other users over an insecure connection. Secondly, you can get SSL usenet.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you use torrents the bittorrent client does give out your IP address. Even if your using peerguardian, they could still find you. All peerguardian does is block any known IPs that could be the Nintendo and so on from connecting to you. These people arn't stupid and will use alternative IP addresses that peerguardian will not block. Even if your using private tracker their is an element of risk. Nintendo themselves could easily get invited to the private tracker, just like anyone else. Using torrents these days, you may as well just send you name and address to them.

To make it safer its better to use the newsgroups. This way, no ones connecting to you and you pretty safe. The only guaranteed way of not being caught is to not download anything illegal. Your lucky its only your internet connection thats being threatened, it could be a lot worse and you could be sharing a cell with bubba.

What's a newsgroup do?

Xenon312

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me, or does this thread just look like the question "How do I pirate safely?"
Technically discussing about warez vaguely like this does seem to bypass the forum rules, but I'd still close this topic.

rightguardsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend not downloading anything for a while. There are multiple Anti-P2P companies out there constantly looking at IP with heavy bandwidth usage. Odds are your IP is on their watch list so I would lay low for a while. Check out the peerguardian forums for more info on this subject.

Defiance

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this pretty much doesn't help. Most of you people pirate like 50 games, and I've only done like two. Ironically Zelda was one of the ones I actually owned. And yet I get in trouble, wow this sucks.

I'm sorry, I'm just really depressed now, I'm really into this hacking/modchip stuff and now I have to let it all go...

Shadowhawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Go sign up with a video game rental service, buy an LG drive, and copy them that way. At least then you are supporting the rental companies who support the game dev's. Or, maybe you could buy the games you really love, and feel content? :-P

rightguardsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you can say its just bad luck. Your IP was randomly scanned the day you were DLing Zelda. I know it sucks but the best thing for you to do is to not download. You don't want to lose your internet service or even worse, get sued. If you do decide to continue downloading, I would strongly recommend using Peer Guardian. Its not 100% safe but then again, no illegal activities are.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you use torrents the bittorrent client does give out your IP address. Even if your using peerguardian, they could still find you. All peerguardian does is block any known IPs that could be the Nintendo and so on from connecting to you. These people arn't stupid and will use alternative IP addresses that peerguardian will not block. Even if your using private tracker their is an element of risk. Nintendo themselves could easily get invited to the private tracker, just like anyone else. Using torrents these days, you may as well just send you name and address to them.

To make it safer its better to use the newsgroups. This way, no ones connecting to you and you pretty safe. The only guaranteed way of not being caught is to not download anything illegal. Your lucky its only your internet connection thats being threatened, it could be a lot worse and you could be sharing a cell with bubba.

What's a newsgroup do?

The newsgroups/usenet has been mentioned here a few times. Have a look through the forums or google it. You also have to pay for usenet but theirs no uploading and you can download at your internets full speed.

I also agree with what rightguardsport said, don't download for a while. They will be keeping a very close eye on you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI Lol