Hacking Need help hacking x360 falcon

0xabad1dea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello guys. Recently bought x360 arcade fat. According to visual examination motherboard is Falcon. I want to install freeboot to able to run game backups. Please help. I never have xbox before so im noob in this question.(soldering and flashing not the problem). Ordered spi usb flasher for this purpose. Thanks a lot

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd say get an Ace360 v3.
There's some difference in the chips yeh, some chips are horrible knockoffs that can kill your console, some of them are not worth it in price, some are excellent.

Ace v3 and RGH 1.2 is what you're looking for.
Altho you said you had a USB SPi flasher, is it a matrix flasher or NAND-X/JR Programmer?
The latter is better as it can program the chip.s

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately ordered matrix already. Also jr costs much higher.
is the Coolrunner C can be useful for programming?

I'd pay the $20 usd, I first bought matrix flasher to be cheap, it never worked properly, then quit working all together, just expect to get what you pay for... for me it was literally a waste of money

Cool runner rev c is an old chip, should work, matrix glitcher and x360ace if you want insta boot

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,

0xabad1dea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'd pay the $20 usd, I first bought matrix flasher to be cheap, it never worked properly, then quit working all together, just expect to get what you pay for... for me it was literally a waste of money

Cool runner rev c is an old chip, should work, matrix glitcher and x360ace if you want insta boot
https://a.aliexpress.com/_A9XzPy ordered that matrix glitcher. But as i said before bought wrong flasher- spi nand matrix

0xabad1dea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The matrix glitcher chip is okay, just don't over expect too much from the matrix nand spi dumper it may or may not work
It can be modded as well. But in stock condition it can only read nand. Is it right?
Sorry for dumb questions (
P.S. canceled nand matrix order. Want to buy another one like j-r programmer

Last edited by 0xabad1dea,

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 0xabad1dea

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda off topic, but you're making a good choice hacking a falcon. some people say it's even better than a jasper when it comes to an rgh/jtag or most reliable for some reason. I have two jtagged falcons: one with aud clamp fix, the other with normal smc. my main is the aud clamp one, cuz normal smc has weird rol glitches. the aud clamp system is also using a custom case (xcm) with white rol and purple center power button. all of my controllers (about ten of them) have white rol to go with it as well. none of these are white controllers, so it doesn't look weird. they're all using custom shells. I think I put a blue rol in the other jtag. it's light blue (including power). anyway, the system has lasted for 12+ years, and I've never had to replace the 1TB hdd, which I put in a pink hdd enclosure to go with floyd. ;) I have a gold, silver, blue, and green hdd caddies too, but they're empty atm. point being -- very reliable system. it runs cooler than my slim ps3 actually.

Reactions: 0xabad1dea

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda off topic, but you're making a good choice hacking a falcon. some people say it's even better than a jasper when it comes to an rgh/jtag or most reliable for some reason. I have two jtagged falcons: one with aud clamp fix, the other with normal smc. my main is the aud clamp one, cuz normal smc has weird rol glitches. the aud clamp system is also using a custom case (xcm) with white rol and purple center power button. all of my controllers (about ten of them) have white rol to go with it as well. none of these are white controllers, so it doesn't look weird. they're all using custom shells. I think I put a blue rol in the other jtag. it's light blue (including power). anyway, the system has lasted for 12+ years, and I've never had to replace the 1TB hdd, which I put in a pink hdd enclosure to go with floyd. ;) I have a gold, silver, blue, and green hdd caddies too, but they're empty atm. point being -- very reliable system. it runs cooler than my slim ps3 actually.

Falcon/opus is the only console I've rghed that insta boots 100%, just like a jtagged unit, idk I guess it's something with the way they made falcons, using rgh 1.2 and matrix glitcher

Last edited by Deleted member 668561,
Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.