Hacking Need help hacking the vita.

ThemBats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First, what should I choose to install. As I understand there's HENkaku and TaiHENkaku, which one's better?
Secondly, I want to install Adrenalin but I don't know how to get a PSP Demo onto the Vita, can someone give me some advice on that?
I have a PS3 and a PSP, if that helps in any way...

D

Deleted User

TaiHENkaku is quickly surpassing the normal HENkaku in terms of stability and features. You will also want taiHENkaku anyway if you are planning to install Adrenaline, as the normal HENkaku does not support kernel plugins.
Seeing as you have a PS3, it should be as easy as downloading either the Ape Quest Starter Pack (EUR) or the LocoRoco Midnight Carnival demo (USA) from the PS3 Store, and transferring to your Vita via USB cable.

After that, you can follow Tom Bombadildo's guide to installing Adrenaline using that transferred PSP game.

ThemBats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't work...
I downloaded LocoRoco Midnight Carnival psp demo on the ps3, turned on the vita, launched content manger and it wouldn't connect to the ps3 without an update. Then I turned on the HENkaku exploit(Not Tai) it didn't ask me to update but I can't find the LocoRoco demo file.

D

Deleted User

It doesn't work...
I downloaded LocoRoco Midnight Carnival psp demo on the ps3, turned on the vita, launched content manger and it wouldn't connect to the ps3 without an update. Then I turned on the HENkaku exploit(Not Tai) it didn't ask me to update but I can't find the LocoRoco demo file.
Yeah, HENkaku allows you to bypass the Content Manager update nag, so there's no suprises there.
But what exactly do you mean you can't find it? As soon as you transfer the demo to your Vita, it should appear on the home screen, no?

EDIT: Or did you mean you can't transfer it from the PS3 as it's not appearing in the transfer tab?

Last edited by ,

ThemBats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, HENkaku allows you to bypass the Content Manager update nag, so there's no suprises there.
But what exactly do you mean you can't find it? As soon as you transfer the demo to your Vita, it should appear on the home screen, no?

EDIT: Or did you mean you can't transfer it from the PS3 as it's not appearing in the transfer tab?
I'm in the content manager on the vita, and I'm searching for the LocoRoco demo so that I can transfer it from the ps3 to vita but I can't find it.

ThemBats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have still no idea why it doesn't pick up the demo...
I go in to content manager and pick the ps3->ps vita option and the downloaded demo should be in the application folder, right?
Is there something I'm missing...or is there another way to make this happen...

ThemBats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the third post but this sucks. I found a demo that worked, it was ape quest, but I decided to restore my vita before I went with the taiHEN and Adrenalin install. And now I can't copy the demo to my Vita because it wont stop with the update suggestion screen...and when I'm in the molecular shell it's empty...there are no files.
Did I screw everything up completely?

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Sorry for the third post but this sucks. I found a demo that worked, it was ape quest, but I decided to restore my vita before I went with the taiHEN and Adrenalin install. And now I can't copy the demo to my Vita because it wont stop with the update suggestion screen...and when I'm in the molecular shell it's empty...there are no files.
Did I screw everything up completely?

In qcma settings, check offline mode, also you have to change something else on that page, cant remember what atm. Something to do with those fw settings at the bottom. That will stop the update prompt. Make sure you only have qcma, not cma on pc.

After that, first try installing henkaku (go.henkaku.xyz) and see if molecule shell shows all directories. Then reboot and try Tai (beta.henkaku.xyz). Browser methods trigger quicker and will auto download the latest versions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs